Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

SHED ANTLER DECO AND PROJECT APPLICATIONS

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Live from the house doing my deer survey right now.

Attachments

• 20210215_133622.jpg
    20210215_133622.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: giles

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Have my boy dusting some of daddy's shed today. I appreciate this thread because I have them mostly in a big pile and need to find new creative ways to display. Oh, and don't mind the mess. Crazy 1.5 year old, that's all I have to say about that. I'm also taking off all my old tapes with dates on them and replacing with nicer looking paper tags.
Is there ANY there in that pile under 60?!?!😂🤣😂
Heck of nice pile of calcium you got there Seth!

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I’m jelly!!!! Can I come out to walk some public with you sometime! 🤗😂🤣

I prolly have just as many but mostly dinks, lol.

I would guess roughly half came from public land. I was pretty fortunate to start looking for them avidly before it got really popular. I definitely don't find the numbers I use to but still one of my all time favorite things to do.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Seth, your posts today inspired me to get out the rest of my pile of 45” and smaller to incorporate into another smaller stand and with the bigger stands with the bigger boys. LolView attachment 121197
I need to figure out what I can do with the mess of deadheads I’ve got. 🤔

That's an awesome display right there. What do you have the sheds stacked on, a trellis of some kind? Your mounts are great as well and truly remarkable deer.

Let me know what you decide to do with your dead heads. Mine are currently littering the inside of my barn, but woudld love to make something creative out of the nicer ones. Maybe cut a 10 or 12 inch diameter Cedar and make a dead head tree or something? I'm currently space restricted at my house so that's a little issue for me. We have an island in North Carolina that we stay at every year and this past fall I loaded my truck with a nice peice of driftwood I found in the ocean surf. End up cutting it down and screwing it back together to form a base for a dead head. Pic attached. Still have some work to do on it. Currently has the deer I shot this year on it.

Attachments

• 20201229_161351.jpg
    20201229_161351.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 156

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I like your idea of a cedar pole for the deadheads and thought about doing that as well as my FIL has a few nice sized cedars behind his place. I also thought about cutting a decent sized buck rub off our farm and create a small outdoor scene with one laying within it. Another light/ chandelier/lamp might be a project too.