Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Simmons sharks

Milo

Tatonka guide.
nope i use magnus 1's 2 blade 160's have always had decent trails. i do like a 3 blade but the bow i hunt with now does not allow me to use a 3 blade.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Did you get pass throughs? where did you hit them? I was struggling to get them killin sharp for a few years and that helped my trails..

Diablo54

Outside
First went from guts to liver. I wasn't expecting much blood form that but that was a pretty tuff track job. We would go 20 yards before finding blood again. (pass thru)

Second went from 3rd to last rib to right behind the shoulder almost a textbook shot (pass thru)

third went right through neck :smiley_armscrossed: good blood on that one and dead within 100 yards. (pass thru)

We get these heads scary sharp with our wheely sharpener.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
First went from guts to liver. I wasn't expecting much blood form that but that was a pretty tuff track job. We would go 20 yards before finding blood again. (pass thru)

Second went from 3rd to last rib to right behind the shoulder almost a textbook shot (pass thru)

third went right through neck :smiley_armscrossed: good blood on that one and dead within 100 yards. (pass thru)

We get these heads scary sharp with our wheely sharpener.
yeah that is what i started using too. you have the one on a grinder or buffer right? that is kind of the bitch with 2 blades at times. clotting or debris in the wound channel can stop the flow up some.

Diablo54

Outside
A snuffer will do some serious damage to a deer I don't like shooting them out of my 46lb bow though.

Jack last night i had my knife sharp and ready to help skin dads deer in less then 5 swipes with that thing