Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Slow Flushing Pooper

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The plumbing in our house has never been quite right. The toilet in our master bath started flushing really slow a month or so ago. It's been plunged, but I'm not sure it's a clog issue. It need replaced as is, so I'm going to do that, but wondering if I shouldn't put a new supply line on (hard water), snake the line, and maybe check the roof vent? Anyone have this issue before that can think of any other troubleshooting tips?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Buddy had the same issue and the vent pipe was plugged solid with hair. I’d check that fist and then go with a new valve system in the tank it it isn’t plugged

Bowkills

Nw oh
Hope outlet isnt clogged. My buddy cut the top half with his ditching machine 150yrds from my house in his field. It took years for it to fail but it was a slow fail back up at the end with something isnt right like you are saying for a couple months until fully blocked.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have some concerns that a scoping of the outlet from house to tank and a tank pumping would be wise. Been a minute on the pumping and the outlet is near two big maples. Roots in the line wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. The other toilets flush fine in comparison and there's not sign of other draining issues other than this particular toilet.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If it's gurglimg there's a clog somewhere. Our pipe had some roots right before the grinder pump basin. One toilet would gurgle occasionally. Got those roots out and it ran fine. Another toilet would flush super slow and I pulled it and the contractor had a rubber neck wax ring that was too big so he cut the rubber and folded the rubber funnel inside itself. I put a regular wax ring on it and it runs fine now.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where is this toilet located in relation to the other toilets in the house? Closer to or further away from the septic tank than the other toilets? Upstairs/downstairs?

Reactions: giles

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Where is this toilet located in relation to the other toilets in the house? Closer to or further away from the septic tank than the other toilets? Upstairs/downstairs?
Upstairs. 6 one way, half dozen the other on distance from the septic tank. Maybe slightly further, but not by any real noticeable measure without actually measuring it.

Not trying to threadJack but have a similar issue I can’t seem to solve. My flushing has no pressure/push. Cleaned the tank and bowl w Iron Out- as there was black and rust coloration. Checked the roof vent. It’s a septic that was pumped this summer. Even tried a plastic snake and chem cleaners. Mild temporary improvements at best. Check the d box and it appear water is making it there and the tank has contents. No variation w windy days or the upstairs or down stairs thrones. If you hold the handle it will empty the tank but no greater hydraulic effort is observed. Any guesses for the gurus? The toilets are 30 yrs old- do they go to heck with well water and sediment or ???

thank you