Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

spookin deer

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I posted something up about chewing on stand a while ago. I have mixed feelings on it, but I'll let the others chime in on this topic.
My only thoughts are, try to at least carry a plastic bottle with a lid to spit into to minimize any chance.

On the other hand, I chew Beech Nut and Levi. I think they smell sweet and could act as an attractant. Hell, what do I know?
One thing to note, none of them guys on TV do it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
May have to pick up a bag of Levi this season now that you reminded me of it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I dip in the stand. If i had to quit dipping when i bowhunt, I'd move to a rifle state.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Seems like I've addressed this before! LOL!!! :smiley_crocodile:

No. Been dropping bombs of Levi, Redman, and Trophy from the stand for years. No issues...

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
I love this thread because to me it represents that Opening Day is upon us. Wouldn't be almost fall without a thread talking about dipping in the stand.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Half the time, spiting on"targets" below passes the time for me...:smiley_depressive:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is not the chew, it is the wind. Play the wind my friend. Play the wind. For what it is worth, I got my first Pope and Young buck last year with a nice lip full of Skoal!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dude, I don't head to the woods WITHOUT the redman. I've had them lick my spit right off the base of the tree before. Doesn't seem to bother them, IMO.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I used to dip a lot but cut back in recent years, but there are two things that I rarely do without a dip in, that's hunt and fish. I just don't think it would be the same! I try to wait until later on in the morning hunt though, seems to bring on the morning shit earlier than I'd like! LOL

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I used to dip a lot but cut back in recent years, but there are two things that I rarely do without a dip in, that's hunt and fish. I just don't think it would be the same! I try to wait until later on in the morning hunt though, seems to bring on the morning shit earlier than I'd like! LOL

Yep need TOO poo? Just have a dip and some coffee. I dipped for 16 years and have been "clean" for two years. I will occasionally buy some Levi but it goes bad by the time I am through it. I do miss it while hunting and fishing but when I take one from someone it is gross to me now, REALLY salty.

Sorry for the derail....kinda out of it today.

Beentown

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country

Drink about three cups of coffee before going out and that will clean everything right out. Maxwell house does the trick for me and if I think there is anything left over before heading to the woods, I pop a imodium to seal the deal.

Don't mean to high jack but I don't chew so this was about all I could contribute to this thread.