Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

spring morels

Bowkills

Nw oh
I stopped wandering around all over and concentrated on trees the last two years it seems my finds have went up dramatically for me anyways. Yellows that is. I remember that glory year previously mentioned where shrooms were easily found everywhere. It's been a rough go for awhile compared to years past. Anyone else think that fungicides effect them? As I could see farm country small lots being worse than hill country.....mushroom theories everyone has them haha.

Lucky

Sunbury
If u would have made your trip to Kansas, the better places out mid west from what ive heard are river or creek bottoms around cotton woods but couldnt say for sure cause only hunted ohio for em.

Lucky

Sunbury
Ya for sure, if I see dead elms or ash in the woods im huntn i always check around them. ive hunted woods and hadnt found shit for hrs...then hit one tree thatll have shitloads around them. Ya havnt had a good year for awhile but this years going to b one to remember.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

Chass

The Hills
Breakfast of champions. Shake n fry in cast iron skillet full of butter. Corn meal, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a pinch of steak seasoning.
Not sure why they call it steak seasoning, it's good on everything.

Attachments

• 20190412_083311.jpg
    20190412_083311.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 217

Lucky

Sunbury
Nice...what county? Havnt looked yet here in Delaware cnty, know its gettn close here, peobly head out mid week

Lucky

Sunbury
Good deal... love takin my kids , think they find more being closer too the ground😁. After the rain if u got em that size, mid week or by next weekend you ought to have shitloads around. Fun to go out and find. Good luck when u hunt next

Reactions: MoonLab and giles