Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spypoint Micro LTE cell cam

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
we had one quit on us in ky, wont do anything had the owner put new batteries in it even tho it still showed 100%, moved the cam for better signal nothing has helped might have to update it. it shows its making connection to app but not taking or sending pics. we know there are deer around it we were getting 100 pics a day then all of a sudden nothing.

twireman

Kingston, OH

Deployed this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well.....probably will. I have mine placed off to the side & up so they won't see it. My Moutlrie X6000's have the same flash & just last night it appears a doe got spooked & ran back. Just the same, that's the 1st time that has happened after a ton of nite time pics. Years ago, when i had a # of Scoutguard cams, there was one nice buck that loved my low glows so it seemed,so go figure.

Reactions: Steelheadtracker

Snyder10

Another update: Another replacement camera, another defective camera. I have 3 now, two that wont turn on at all and one that only works during the day.I think Im on replacement #7 or #8

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Update on about a year with mine. I’m getting some issues with the eating a battery or two out of the bank. Not sure why but of the 8 new energizer lithium’s I put in I will get a dead cam(low voltage) and when I test my batteries I get 6 good batteries and two dead ones. This has happened on 3 cams and not sure I’m going to tolerate much more nonsense from them. I have a friend that has two of these and he gets a year out of his but they aren’t over a feeder. Not sure what I have going on but it’s SPYPOINT and I’m not sure why I keep thinking they got stuff turned around

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Update on about a year with mine. I’m getting some issues with the eating a battery or two out of the bank. Not sure why but of the 8 new energizer lithium’s I put in I will get a dead cam(low voltage) and when I test my batteries I get 6 good batteries and two dead ones. This has happened on 3 cams and not sure I’m going to tolerate much more nonsense from them. I have a friend that has two of these and he gets a year out of his but they aren’t over a feeder. Not sure what I have going on but it’s SPYPOINT and I’m not sure why I keep thinking they got stuff turned around

I have 2 sitting on my workbench. One with about a year's use, the other with a couple of months. Their customer service was terrible.

I'll make someone a deal if you wanna try to get them operational 😂

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I’m not sure what I will try next. Covert came out with a neat system I might try? I like the base concept as it lets me put cams in places I don’t have signal but again, covert can be squirrelly as well

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Here is an example
Batteries on the left, 2 stone ass dead ...
Batteries in the middle - lower voltage... 1.45 Volts
batteries on the right? Excellent ... 1.7 volt.
90 % of people would throw all these out. Almost every cam ends up this way. There is about 6 weeks in these batteries in a good signal location.. by the time I go through batteries and data plans I will have 300 or more in them per camera.. F-that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 131

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here is an example
Batteries on the left, 2 stone ass dead ...
Batteries in the middle - lower voltage... 1.45 Volts
batteries on the right? Excellent ... 1.7 volt.
90 % of people would throw all these out. Almost every cam ends up this way. There is about 6 weeks in these batteries in a good signal location.. by the time I go through batteries and data plans I will have 300 or more in them per camera.. F-that
My Link DARK and Link EVO cams have the ability to run on only 4 of the 8 batteries. Are the Micro cams the same way? Could it be that the camera is only drawing power from one bank of batteries until they're dead?

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

Milo

Tatonka guide.
My Link DARK and Link EVO cams have the ability to run on only 4 of the 8 batteries. Are the Micro cams the same way? Could it be that the camera is only drawing power from one bank of batteries until they're dead?
No idea but as soon as I drop 2 it’s stone dead. You can watch it on the app and it gets to about 89% battery and boom gone... we need less Epstein batteries And more Bruce Willis batteries

Last edited: