Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stands/Camers/Shooting lanes

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll make Sunday.... but not a day longer lol.... Just hope that I get some pictures that are worth the wait..... Lucky for me my standards ain't that high rotflmao

What is helping me this year is the fact I have multiple cameras spread out on different properties. Still get to check about once a week but can stay off each properties longer. Only reason mine got swapped on the one farm last week is because we were already in there putting in food plots. Checked another property simply because I had just hung new cameras the week before and I wanted to make sure they were properly setup. They were not. I should have been in this week to move them and trim some branches, but that thing called work keeps getting in the way.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been going out to swap cards around high noon to 2 pm hoping nothing is near my cams at that time. I haven't jumped anything yet but it seems to be a good time for me. I'm going to try to wait till Monday but if it's raining on Sun. I might hang a stand and swap then.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Heading out too check the cameras in a little bit.... gotta remove a couple of downed trees from storms earlier this month and pull the cards.... crossing my fingers all went well and I didn't mess anything up on the settings lol.....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
went to one property yesterday with the intention of clearing a path to my stand and cutting some lanes. But the mosquitoes are absolutely insane out there. those little vampires want to kill you. I managed to grab my camera and shoot a ground hog but the little buzzing chitbags ran me out. I should have sprayed down befor I went in but I am trying to be a scent free as possible from here on out.

gonna go to another spot this morning to check another cam.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
went to one property yesterday with the intention of clearing a path to my stand and cutting some lanes. But the mosquitoes are absolutely insane out there. those little vampires want to kill you. I managed to grab my camera and shoot a ground hog but the little buzzing chitbags ran me out. I should have sprayed down befor I went in but I am trying to be a scent free as possible from here on out.

I need to do some cam checking today and maybe hang a stand. I have to go empty the trailer here in a minute so I can play this afternoon lol.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
mornin Adam. was hoping to get out before it gets to hot.If you want, I can help you with that trailer if it will speed things up. and we can both hit the woods. I bet we're going to the same property anyway.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
mornin Adam. was hoping to get out before it gets to hot.If you want, I can help you with that trailer if it will speed things up. and we can both hit the woods. I bet we're going to the same property anyway.

Gotta drop a kid at her gma's and be there in 20min if you want to head out and check cams. I forgot I have stuff to do this afternoon so the stand might wait until tomorrow morning in the rain lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

2oz bottle of Off that's 98% deet. No smell to it and a little goes a long ways. :)

http://www.professionalequipment.co...t-deep-woods-sportsman-94904/pest-management/

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well just got back from swaping cards and clearing out some downed trees.... Sweated our butts off and luckily didn't jump any deer.... Lots of emty pictures but a few of some doe and their yearlings and got two pictures of a decent high racked buck that looks too be a 10 point and as soon as I go get another card reader I'll post them up.... Nothing too brag about but it does have a high unique rack, never have seen this buck before and he's making his rounds mid-day through 3:00 in the afternoon..... no coons or birds although we did trim some weeds that I think were the culprits too our blank pictures..... My buddy who's dad owns the property is all pumped out about the buck so I'll probably give him a pass and let him get it unless it offers me a real good shot at it..... But will cross that bridge when I get too it.... Camera had some good pictures of the doe and the yearling and am pleased so far.... we'll see what next week offers us..... Well off to shower and go ppick up a card reader..... I'm really liking this camera stuff :smiley_clap:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Here are a couple of pictures of the buck that showed up on the cameras in two differant locations on the property.... Kind of a unique looking rack the rest of the pictures which accounted for a total of 24 with deer in them where does with their yearlings.... So far I haven't changed any of the settings on the cameras but have adjusted them a little as far as angle and height.... Glad too see the pictures although I thought the numbers of deer would be higher.... These are all on well used trails and none around mineral sites of feed on the ground.... I'm seriously thinking about doing Jesses's mineral site and see what happens with that.... I'm thinking 2.5 year old what's your oppinions???

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yep 2.5

He has potential for a crazy rack! I would definitely give them some minerals for not only pics but for the racks!

Beentown

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I know if he goes by my buddy he's going down lol..... I'm still up in the air about this one..... we'll see what happens.... I'd like to see a couple.more angles of him before I decide..... there are a couple of nice doe making the rounds that need culled lol.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've got a stupid question too ask..... So here goes.... Has anyone ever attached their camera too a high tension tower???? I know it's a big lighting rod hanging out there but there's a few good trails down this power line that runs through a swamp and was sitting here thinking about how too get a camera attached to something other than cattails :smiley_chinrub: The trails run along the towers almost the length of the swamp.... Do you think the electronics could handle being attached too it with out screwing something up?????