Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stink in the stand

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
I've seen almost every smell covered in these forums over the last two years, scent smoker, tobacco smoke, baccy juice, bad breath, urine... but here's one that I don't know about. Farts. Anybody ever get busted from a fart? I'm not talking about cutting a huge one when you see a deer, but passing wind and then getting surprised by a deer. Like when you think you're alone at work and release an SBD and then a lady walks up to you 10 seconds later. I held mine for years (just in the treestand, not year round, I think I'd be dead) and then decided it wasn't worth being that uncomfortable. I can't tell much of a difference in what I see.

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dang. Never gave it much thought... I spect I should learn to let em out like a doe,fawn bleat or a grunt... Ya. Thats how I'll explain it for 3/4s of the year... "Just practicing my deer calls honey..." lol

Good Question.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Some of the stuff I'm dealing out today would turn a deer inside out.... that Chipotle from yesterday must be working it's magic.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Irony? I have thought the same thing before. I go through all these scent control precautions and then go out in the woods and just about stink myself out of the stand sometimes. Go figure.

Buckmaster

Portage
So the moral of the story is...a few beers :smiley_adfundum: and a couple bowls of chili :smiley_cooking: at Deer Camp the evening before the hunt really make no difference at all. :smiley_cheerleader:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If I were to be more concerned about my breath odor tipping off a deer over my fart odors, should I seek a dental hygentist or just start wipping my teeth instead of brushing. LOL