Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stressless 2020 compendium

Stressless

Keene, OH
Needless to say but my mature doe didn't run far....
20201102_115143.jpg

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
Ok, after getting the big boy up, the neighbor and I had a wee nip or 8 just getting around, story will be a bit later.

20201103_075651.jpg

20201103_075622.jpg

20201103_080154.jpg

Neighbor has trialcam pics of him, we didn't give this one a name but doesn't really matter. Any mature buck with vertical bow is a win!

After chasing Niles for a couple weeks to no avail I decided I'd shoot any decent buck, I think Niles was just back in the woods telling him, "ya go on out there, nobody's there. " ... so, I was able to connect with a nice mature buck last nite. Good luck to everyone that still has tags to fill!

Cheers,
Stressless

Stressless

Keene, OH
@giles while I agree with you my neighbor would/did/does. 2 time Ohio open archery winner back in the day. Many BBBC - all archery.

This is the gagger 160 8pt he shot last year... across the gravel County rd.

Make no mistake I am overwhelmingly thrilled with my buck, almost even more so, with the distinct possibility that Niles will be in that class if he lives thru the year.

19062.jpeg

Pic of my buck on thr gimbal my buddy made foe last years hunt.
20201103_140817.jpg

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
Hunting buddy Mooch shows up this evening, hunting thru 10 Nov, the heat wave right on top the rut sux, but I think we're good to go from hunting to game care.

Just waiting for him to show up and lit up the firepit. In my guts I'm vastly disappointed in my fellow Americans. This 'exercise' chasing mature whitetails and the natural wildlife management keeps me grounded. ... but there's a deep hatred and anger for those that would seek to undermind the very foundation of this representative republic which I swore an oath to protect.

... seething subsides. Fire and my recent buddy for life across from me. I just finished processing both deer, 6.5 gallons of meat chunked and ready for the grinder with the dawn tomorrow, when theres light and a chill. Loins, roasts, hearts and tenderloins all done yesterday and already frozen. I do all processing outside.

I have a deep respect for the game and from field to table I take great care to have meals fit for the life that forfeit it. Meanwhile we're waiting for the next chapter in this tale to arrive.
20201105_162931.jpg

Last edited: