Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds 2021: Week of October 11-17, 2021

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One would think that the countdown would be displayed on the home page by now, but hey, I appreciate you staying on top of it and letting us know this way 'TOO' (y)

So, how many more days until the food thread kicks off :LOL:
You know he’s got it all ready too post, just sitting there with sweat-on his brow, finger on the post button….

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason has been burning the area up today He has started looking for good hunting areas, fishing holes etc. He said Strouds is still in the same spot.
99364FBB-0A82-414C-B2CA-C543F637B332.jpeg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Last night while drinking my BIL's inhouse brew, I discussed the idea with him on getting a keg from him for Strouds. So, anyone up for that idea? I'm telling ya, his stuff is the best I have ever had in my life and I am not bullshitting.

What's in your cup?

Let me know cause I'll make it happen if I get enough 'yas'.

Thanks!

BTW, what I drank last night has an alcohol content percent of 5.4%/pint. I got a little 'F'ed up last night :LOL:

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
C423C49B-6E6C-45B9-AADA-7BCED3EB6B13.jpeg
Mason has been running around all over down there. Yesterday he found his way back to the stand where he shot a couple deer during the inaugural Strouds gathering. He’s been sending deer and turkey pics everyday. A kid growing up in a somewhat deer poor area apparently loses his mind with excitement while running the hills of SE Ohio.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Last night while drinking my BIL's inhouse brew, I discussed the idea with him on getting a keg from him for Strouds. So, anyone up for that idea? I'm telling ya, his stuff is the best I have ever had in my life and I am not bullshitting.

What's in your cup?

Let me know cause I'll make it happen if I get enough 'yas'.

Thanks!

BTW, what I drank last night has an alcohol content percent of 5.4%/pint. I got a little 'F'ed up last night :LOL:
I'd like to try that stuff!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
We're at Burr Oak the weekend before, so I'll swing that way on Sunday and drop off the camper. What time you planning to be there @Dustinb80?
No ETA as of yet, I wont be in a rush to leave the house unless the wife wakes up talking again. Ill shoot for around 2-3 PM, thats adjustable though.

I know its still early, but are we shooting for the same setup as last year, which worked out GREAT, or are we going back to the group camp?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'd like to try that stuff!

Unsure where you're at or if you will ever get to Chillicothe anytime in the near future, I'd be happy buy you one, or two, or three :LOL:

There are a dozen of his home brew flavors currently, ranging from 4.5% to 7.2% in alcohol/pint levels. He's working on a German version now, which I believe it's suppose to be available rather soon, like this week. I've yet to try all of them yet, however the ones I have tried, there hasn't been one I disliked as of yet.

I talked to him over the weekend, he said that he's going to try to get scheduled in a keg for me after I gave him the date of the event. He is also working on getting a distribution license and hopes to have it that rather soon too. Many other breweries in the state are interested in getting his product.

EDIT: I intend on getting a keg regardless if anyone were to drink any of it or not. Whatever doesn't get drank, I have a frig in our cabin and it will find a home there after the event. I will kill the thing eventually :ROFLMAO: So, there's that....

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
One of our key employees just wrote it down on our calendar at the shop... requesting that weekend off. Wtf. I may close the shop on Saturday and just roll on over to Athens for the weekend.

View attachment 133521Mason has been running around all over down there. Yesterday he found his way back to the stand where he shot a couple deer during the inaugural Strouds gathering. He’s been sending deer and turkey pics everyday. A kid growing up in a somewhat deer poor area apparently loses his mind with excitement while running the hills of SE Ohio.

@brock ratcliff - It was a GREAT place to spend four years. Albeit was a bucketfull of moons ago. My hunting buds, Mooch Chris and I all went to OU. Not sure what that month holds, building an IAMD system for Kuwait and we keep getting rolled to the right with this Covid Crap... If I can I'll come thru and recon Court Street.. 🍻