Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds 2021: Week of October 11-17, 2021

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Wish to share a little more as why I suggested the keg thing, if anyone cares...

After my military days of heavy drinking,,,

I used to live and worked downtown Columbus years back. When the brewery district first came about, I frequented all those places nearly daily, including down on S. High ST. on the other side of I70 in German Village.

I also use to go to Athens to party often at of those bars down there when I was single, plus my youngest son went to school at OU and graduated there as well in the Spring. Every time I went to visit him, I usually took him out for lunch or dinner at one of the breweries down there. Each time, I drank one of their inhouse brews.

Now, I don't consider myself to be any expect on brews, however I am comparing those experiences of drinking those brews over the years to want my BIL has to offer.

Granted, I know everyone has their own tastes, which is great, but the last few times while at my BILs brewery, I watched many happy customers, including several of them afterwards leaving the place rather messed up, like a puppet on strings' cause those drinks definitely caught up to'em, including me.

Also, my experience with my BIL stuff after drinking it for hours on end, and I think because of the higher alcohol content, I don't think I drink as much in volume compared to commercial beers cans, and the next day, each time, I DID NOT suffer any kind of hangover or any kind of sickness of any sort, at least not yet, which awesome in my book!

That is why I want to buy his beer, and basically go to town each weekend. I have no intensions of drinking any others in my life going forward, unless I have too.

So, I hope this helps those that may be on the fence about my idea or is questioning why I suggested the keg thing. My prime reason really, I simply love the stuff, especially around a kickass campfire on a cool evening, where I don't have any other place to be and I can get f'ed up all I want for the most part.

I enjoyed last year hanging out with all you guys, and the year before.

I hope this sheds a little more light as why I made the suggestion.

Glad to meet anyone at my BILs place and buy ya beer. He does offer smaller sample glasses for whatever you wish to try out.

Thanks for reading gentlemen!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I’ll do a couple shotgun, Denny. Send it
B830BD3F-F3E0-48E8-8B2D-AC85ED708020.gif

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I’ll do a couple shotgun, Denny. Send it View attachment 133527
I figured that was going to be snag for ya :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My BIL is working on bottling his beer, so, I have to suggest that he gets cans going too for ya (y)

BTW, I used to do shotguns when I was a teenager. If my BIL hand his beer in a can, I'd do one with you for sure!

Last edited: