Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds '24 - October 13-20

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The whole burn ban is a killer indeed. What if I open up our farm for the week instead? Close proximity to Jesse Owen's State Park for hunting/fishing. We can have a fire. There's electric and water. If it's legitimately only a handful of us, we could still assemble and have a white man fire. Plus, it's only 45 minutes from Strouds, so not a huge geographic shift.

Isaacorps

Columbus
The whole burn ban is a killer indeed. What if I open up our farm for the week instead? Close proximity to Jesse Owen's State Park for hunting/fishing. We can have a fire. There's electric and water. If it's legitimately only a handful of us, we could still assemble and have a white man fire. Plus, it's only 45 minutes from Strouds, so not a huge geographic shift.
Great idea Jesse, very gracious of you to offer. I will be a game time decision as I have a lot going on the weekend but will make an attempt to stop by Friday if it works out.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well that's a kick in the dick. I can bring a small generator with lights or a propane lantern.

What's the attendee list look like?

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
So it sounds like we have some options that are better than not having a fire. Sitting around a camp w/o a fire is borderline queer.

-Jesse, I know I have been to your property before, dont remember if it was the farm or not.

-Clay I know nothing about your farm. Location, clear area to set up etc. I know you showed an overhead of your place, I think.

I do know we should probably make a decision so everyone can come up with a game plan for how they handle a change, if any. Im down for anything that has a fire I can burn shit at lol. Either way, Im lookin forward to getting away from reality for a while and hanging out with you fuckshits.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I have a house with water, if we wanted to step up on top of the hill towards the back of the field we could have more privacy off the road, but away from a water source. We can run several water hoses up there. Is there a burn ban in Meigs county? I highlighted a great area for camping. Just throwing out it as an option
IMG_0164.jpeg

Reactions: Dustinb80