Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Suez canal

I haven't paid much attention to it other than they said high winds caused it. Never thought the 30-40 mph winds they reported could actually do that, based on seeing ships going up and down the St. Clair River and Soo Locks over the years. Just seems fishy that it's conveniently stuck there.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
FB_IMG_1616752474559.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Big_Holla and Jamie

huntn2

Hudson, OH
The ocean freight market was already suffering on the service front enough. This additional disruption is only going to further disrupt/dislocate containers.

Buckmaster

Portage
Indeed. My import business is delayed. This episode only extends landed lead times. Better have proper terms on safety stock for such episodes.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

At least 20 livestock ships caught in Suez canal logjam​

Concerns for animals’ welfare if Ever Given blockage crisis is protracted

At least 20 of the boats delayed due to a stricken container ship in the Suez canal are carrying livestock, according to marine tracking data, raising concerns about the welfare of the animals if the logjam becomes protracted.

The 220,000-ton Ever Given is causing the longest closure of the Suez canal in decades with more than 200 ships estimated to be unable to pass, and incoming vessels diverting around southern Africa’s Cape of Good Hope.

Georgios Hatzimanolis, a spokesperson for the tracking website Marine Traffic, said while some livestock ships were waiting to enter the canal, three – the Omega Star, the Unimar and the Sea Star – “all appear to be stuck at various points in the canal”. Marine Traffic data showed 11 delayed livestock ships, while an NGO has identified others, bringing the total identified so far to 20.

Five of the ships identified had loaded animals in Spain, and nine had loaded in Romania earlier this month, according to the NGO Animals International.
Read more here

• Wow
Reactions: Big_Holla
Watch 3 things. The 10 year treasury yield, the dollar weakness and the price of oil. To keep the game going they need to keep the 10 year yield in check, the dollar slowly weakening and the price of oil rising. Once they lose control the stock market tanks and we get a new world reserve currency...
If you think that was an accident...Just look at the oil price history. watch too for refinery "issues and accidents" plus rogue "oopsey bangs" in derrick places also. Yield curve control is the new mantra! Picture 3 is from 1934 Chicago Tribune so don't think all this is accidentally new!

Attachments

• reservecurrency.jpg
    reservecurrency.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 108
  • americas-slide.jpg
    americas-slide.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Spend spend spend.jpg
    Spend spend spend.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Mike and Jackalope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's what I'm saying. Hook another one of them big old fuggin container boats to the back and get a little run at it. That much mass when those chains go tight and she'll pop right on out of there. Or the other one will get a little sideways and then you'll have two stuck. If that happens ya just gotta get a bigger one and try again. 😅.

They are waiting on the tide... In a canal? Don't they have locks like every other waterway and canal? Hell the Erie Canal, built in 1817 has locks...
I'm surprised they aren't freaking about their version of the piping plover, or snail darter habitat being threatened also!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
They are waiting on the tide... In a canal? Don't they have locks like every other waterway and canal? Hell the Erie Canal, built in 1817 has locks...
I'm surprised they aren't freaking about their version of the piping plover, or snail darter habitat being threatened also!
I do not think the Suez Canal has any locks. I went through it back in 1994. I do not remember seeing any. Of course I didn’t watch the whole way.