Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Super duty thread

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I may end up retracting my original statement about buying a super duty. The more I look at these HD 2500’s the further I’m leaning that direction.

1708736676419.png

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
I'm going back to a gasser. Looking at the 7.3L Godzilla motor. I don't want a new diesel of any brand. Emissions stuff and higher costs aren't justified how I use a truck. I'll deal with slightly lower mpg on a gasser.
When I was on the phone ordering my exhaust from summit the younger guy kept praising how good the 7.3 is and asked a hundred times how impressed I was with it he wouldn't hush up about it. The whole time I had to confirm with him 3 times he had the right part number since I was ordering it for my 7.3 diesel. He kept saying everything was right and when I told him to have a great day he told me to enjoy my godzilla and he will have one eventually. I was honestly shocked and relieved when I showed up to my local summit that they indeed had the right exhaust pulled out for me.. wowsers edited for terrible auto corrects and drunkeness

Last edited:

Sauger

Warsaw
Tell you the new duramax are junk. I would rather have a Kia than another duramax, that thing could not get out of its own way. I will say GMC have everyone one of them out done when it comes to comfort and driver features.

Wiley E Coyote

Tell you the new duramax are junk. I would rather have a Kia than another duramax, that thing could not get out of its own way. I will say GMC have everyone one of them out done when it comes to comfort and driver features.
Must be why so many folks are making payments on them! 😊 Sure is a lot of them on the road for being dogs.

Big H

Medina
Yeah it pulled that camper pretty good. It my every day driver and I also pull the boat with it. It sucked down some gas though, pulling that 5th wheel through the mountains. LOL

Looks like we are going to put the camper up for sale now. Our house delivered yesterday.

Reactions: Big_Holla and giles

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Driving one home. Made it to Wisconsin. Back thru Chicago. Eating in Valparaiso. Averaging 16mpg with the 7.3L 10sp. Got into some major stop and go all the way thru Chicago. Not really good for maximizing MPG. I'll take 16 in this one. It is respectable and about the same as my F150 did.