Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Swamp People

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I have picked up watching this show, it's nice that they put the episodes online so that I can watch them when I get a chance. Pretty sweet.

Some of those things I'd want something bigger than a .22 for! Funny though, I caught an edit- I think it was two or three shows ago when they were trying to catch that gator that kept eating the other gators. They tried to shoot it in open water and showed the guy with a bolt action, scoped gun. Then they cut to the gator, back to the shooter, who is holding a lever action w/out a scope, boom, back to the gator, back to the shoot that's got the scoped bolt. Caught ya History Channel!

Capt

I caught that too. If you watch closely, they do that alot with this show. Seems they just free roll and then no one pays attention when they edit it all together...

Matt

Norton, OH
Yea, History Channel and Discovery do that alot. If you listen too, you will start to hear that they have go-to sounds that they use in editing. For example, AxMen uses a common loon on their swamp sections and a "look out!" that was shouted early in the season... all the freakin time.... the editing they do is quite annoying.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Pretty good show... even the wife watched it with me. I love the closed captioning on some of the guys talking. I'm with Badger, I think the more I drink, the better I understand what the hell they're sayin'

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Headin out to hunt gator in the next month. I'll keep ya posted. Now, that's a good time. What a rush when that 400 pound freak is at the boat thrashing around looking to destroy everything near it. Now I gotta go find this show you guys are talking about.

tuffshot

The Crew
Headin out to hunt gator in the next month. I'll keep ya posted. Now, that's a good time. What a rush when that 400 pound freak is at the boat thrashing around looking to destroy everything near it. Now I gotta go find this show you guys are talking about.

Are you going anywhere near the Big Cypress swamp?
There is a canal down there that is loaded with gators...........................

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am trying to currently line up a gator hunt this year in LA. My buddies family lives their and they havea cabin way back in the swamps. his uncle is coming up for gun season and said he will get with me more about it then. so I am hoping toget him on a deer so he can trade a hunt with me and some other people.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I am trying to currently line up a gator hunt this year in LA. My buddies family lives their and they havea cabin way back in the swamps. his uncle is coming up for gun season and said he will get with me more about it then. so I am hoping toget him on a deer so he can trade a hunt with me and some other people.

Let me know whose dick I gotta suck to get on that list.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Tracie is dying for the new episodes to start! She loves Troy and always says: "I'm gonna get me a big head." Cracks me up!

Then I whip it out and the laughter is over! rotflmao

Or maybe it just starts... :(

epe

Lancaster
Can't wait for the season. In one of the premiers there is a chick in it. The two long haired old guys look interesting.

sent from my HTC evo

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It will definitely be interesting to see the chick in action, especially because they make it seem like she rolls alone. The two old guys remind me of some old timers I've met in the back woods of WV. Should be a good season of gator killing!!!