Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Swamp People

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just watched a re-run yesterday for the first time. Interesting. Even my wife watched without bugging me to change it. lol

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I caught for like the third time the one where they get the 13 footer. Gumbo mouth almost let the boat go over before he gave any slack. For some reason I could see that guy go into a bar and get blown shit about how he talks. Seems like one of those that would let it slide for awhile, next thing you know guys are spitting out teeth trying to get the fugg out of his reach.

Buckmaster

Portage
Cajun French: Cajun Reeboks
Okay, so it isn’t exactly Cajun French, but it is a part of the culture here.

If you were to walk around most parking lots in Cajun country and happened to look at pick-up trucks, you might see Cajun Reeboks wedged between the cab and bed of the trucks. I’ve always wanted a truck, just so I could get a pair and stuff them in that spot because…well, it’s kind of like a gun rack; everyone has one!

What in the world are Cajun Reeboks, I hear you ask. Well, that’s what I’m here to tell you about! Cajun Reeboks are short, white rubber boots. Like these:

Not what you thought, are they?
Rubber boots are important in this area, not just because of the rain, but because if you dig more than two feet into the ground, you will hit water. Shrimpers and fishermen wear these boots as opposed to a darker color because of the heat. You’ve seen Deadliest Catch, right? Well, down here, it’s the Hottest Catch. When the heat index is around 115 and you’re working on a boat, being comfortable and cool is a priority.

It should tell you how popular these boots are that they have their own nickname around here. I’m saving up for a pair of steel-toe rubber boots *rubs her hands together* I can hardly wait! *cough* Sorry.

So, if you’re in south Louisiana and you hear someone mention Cajun Reeboks, or you see someone walking around wearing a pair of these boots, just remember it’s a way of life down here.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What's with the white rubber pack boots those guys wear down there? I never seen them here in the North.

Oh....

You didn't know??

:smiley_coolpeace:

96729430.Ov2G11Vp.JazzFest2008Sunday001.jpg

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I love this show. My neighbor buddy and I can't wait to talk about each episode.

My wife thinks it's a crack up that they have to show subtitles so you can understand what they're saying.

The new guys they have for this season are a couple of tough nuts - that RJ guy is 154 pounds of walkin' muscle, and that Terrell guy who catches 'em live by hand - geezus I'd hate to have him pissed off at me.

I just don't understand how some of those guys have so many problems with their guns jamming, forgetting to load, etc.
I would think that if there's one part of the process that should never go wrong or be a problem, it would be the shooting.

epe

Lancaster
I think it is because the guns are constantly in, or covered in water. RJ's son has the nicest gun, looks new.

sent from my HTC evo

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think it is because the guns are constantly in, or covered in water. RJ's son has the nicest gun, looks new.

sent from my HTC evo

Welcome to the south. lol.. 100% humidity, swamps, and water that's 20% mud.. lol It's hell on guns.

Ok, I'm gonna go watch it on Hulu. I usually don't watch shows like that because it makes me miss home and growing up in the swamps.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I like how Junior didn't give a shit bout dudes name and kept calling him "itley guy"... lmao

Quit leaning out da boat itley guy!

Itley Guy! Don't wrap that line round yer hand!

Joe I met a guy from Vicksburg Mississippi last night at the Ram Pub in Tacoma Wa. The dude looked just like you so I asked him if there was a lot of inbreeding down there. His answer: "Hmm.....Yup. would ya like another beer." What a nice guy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe I met a guy from Vicksburg Mississippi last night at the Ram Pub in Tacoma Wa. The dude looked just like you so I asked him if there was a lot of inbreeding down there. His answer: "Hmm.....Yup. would ya like another beer." What a nice guy

We're "givers" like that....