Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB T1 or AR 400 or AR 500..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If you guys know of any hook-ups on either T1, AR400 or AR500 steel I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Beentown

Buckrun

How much ar 400 do you need? I work at a steel supply here in Lima. I can even burn it to the size/shape you want. Just have to give me time.

I am the second shift plasma burn machine operator.

Steve

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Beggars can't be choosers ;) I would like it to be 3/8th's or larger. I actually was wanting half a sheet 2x4 or a full sheet 4x8 as I have an Air Arch (plasma cutter). Just let me know what you can do and how much. I REALLY appreciate it.

Beentown

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Got pictures Been? Hell I might have one laying around here some where! :smiley_crazy:lmaorotflmao Just kidding. COB's small arms dealership.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is hardened steel that I am going to make into targets. Only hyper velocity rounds affect it (22-250 loaded hot). It doesn't dimple and become a safety hazard like soft steel. I get tired of having to walk the "swamp" to put paper up. It would be convienant plus who doesn't love a "BING!" sound after squeezing off a good shot?

Beentown

Buckrun

I found some scrap pcs. today that are about 13 x 20. I can get those for .20 per lb. they are 3/8" Anything bigger I will have to pay a lot more for. I'll have to check the cost. Our sheets of AR-400 come in 8' x 24' I'll look for drops.

The 1/4" plate I used for my bullet trap was about 24"x48" and it cost me around 125.00.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
13x 20 is actually perfect. How much do you think they weigh each? Man this would be sweet! Let me know.

Beentown

Buckrun

Well I weighed the steel yesterday. But it was just to lousy to cary it out to my truck. I re measured it and they are 13 x 18. I thought they were 20 inchs long. They weigh 25 lb so they will be $5.00 each. I have 3 pcs. so how many do you want. I can probably mail them to you but will have to see if they will fit in one of those mail anywhere prority boxes. Save you a trip all the way over here.

Or we can wait until it gets nicer outside and you can come over and learn a little about the Dillon.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I would make a road trip to pick them up and get a little lesson on the Dillon. I will take all three and more if you come across them. You tell me when a good day would be and I will arrange my schedule accordingly.

Beentown

Hamertime05

How much ar 400 do you need? I work at a steel supply here in Lima. I can even burn it to the size/shape you want. Just have to give me time.

I am the second shift plasma burn machine operator.

Steve
I know this thread is old, but if you are still on this site is aany of this steel still available? Thanks