Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tactacam Reveal Cell Trail Camera....

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Reveal cell cam users: anyone using a class 10 U3 SD card in these cameras. I did not and it caused my camera to quit sending pics after about 10 weeks. It also said no signal. I have been dealing with their customer service which has been very good. My cam started saying “no SIM card” so they sent me a new SIM card. Then I had to deactivate and activate the camera. It still wouldn’t send pics. Then she asked what kind of SD card I was using. Class 4 will possibly work for a limited time. Mine did for 10 weeks. She told me to get a class 10 U3 SanDisk card. I got that and tried it but we are back to no signal. I’m wondering if the class 4 card ruined the SIM card. I’ve learned a lot about SD cards tonight. Who knew??????

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Reveal cell cam users: anyone using a class 10 U3 SD card in these cameras. I did not and it caused my camera to quit sending pics after about 10 weeks. It also said no signal. I have been dealing with their customer service which has been very good. My cam started saying “no SIM card” so they sent me a new SIM card. Then I had to deactivate and activate the camera. It still wouldn’t send pics. Then she asked what kind of SD card I was using. Class 4 will possibly work for a limited time. Mine did for 10 weeks. She told me to get a class 10 U3 SanDisk card. I got that and tried it but we are back to no signal. I’m wondering if the class 4 card ruined the SIM card. I’ve learned a lot about SD cards tonight. Who knew??????
Most cams say to use a class 10 in the instructions...I learned the hard way also with several of mine. Didn’t damage the cams but I also didn’t get any pics.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Tactacam customer service did a great job and got my cam back online. It’s working gear again.
I asked about getting another cam, hoping to get an inside deal but they said production will pick up this spring. That usually means quality suffers.

Reactions: Fletch

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yep, good to hear. Knock on wood, mine has done me well so far. I should have bought more because they'll go up in price when they do begin production again. MSRP was $119, look for that to be $179 or so. I'll still pay it if they quality remains, but probably won't buy from the first few production runs.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Got my 2 new Reveal X cams deployed. They seem to take good pics.
C598842D-F584-4621-89D0-9B7820EC632F.jpeg
3933F34B-9567-4CD3-BE74-6C6A812FB56B.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Still really happy with mine and just got hit with an ad on IG for Camping World and they have the new Reveal X in stock for $132 and change. I picked one up so I can have one cell cam on each property. I Have no complaints with my original Reveal after a year of constant use.