Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tactacam Reveal Cell Trail Camera....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The really goods I've posted are off the actual SD card, but I also have HD pics sent on occasion. Also, this...
You can request HD pics by holding your thumb on the pic in App on the first page....where you can scroll through all your pics. The frame of the pic will turn green and 5 choices will pop up at the bottom. HD will be on the right. Select it and you can request HD.

Definitely try the HD downloads if you can. They are usually better than the compressed thumbnail pics that get sent to the app. The pics on the SD card will always be the best quality the camera can give. The compressed pics get more pixelated the busier the background is with leaves, trees, colors and especially the distance to the animal. Seems in a wooded leafy setting when deer are over 15-20 yards the more messed up they look. Green fields or somewhat solid backgrounds help but certainly isn't anything that can be controlled.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've never thought of downloading an HD pic, just the videos. Anyway, just did & here's the results ....

Regular ...
3495a58a-1078-438f-8e84-6a312aa6e8df.jpg

HD...
6fcba912-523d-4f78-be33-2f78acf479a2.jpg

I'm not impressed or will give it a a second thought since I have these cams for the video response. My Moultrie Base provides better pics & way better video.... daytime that is, but they don't send as soon as requested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Holla

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I've never thought of downloading an HD pic, just the videos. Anyway, just did & here's the results ....

Regular ...View attachment 161730

HD...
View attachment 161731

I'm not impressed or will give it a a second thought since I have these cams for the video response. My Moultrie Base provides better pics & way better video.... daytime that is, but they don't send as soon as requested.
Your regular pic seems to be much better quality than mine.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Soooo, I found a place & deployed the X. I just had to know. The pic quality is pretty much like yours I think ? & I can request HD pics.

View attachment 161738
Yup, same picture quality as my original x. That’s good to know as if I plan on getting another cell cam, I can go with the newer tactacam instead of another Spartan….much easier on the wallet.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
View attachment 155352

Working flawlessly! The big guy @theotherfarm.

Thanks for turning me on to this camera guys!

I'm lovin it!

Oh-good, I did mention the fact that I love these cellular cameras already 😊

Anyway, here's another reason as to why I love them. When set up correctly, they have a helluva trigger trip distance!

And just to let you all know too, if by chance you don't know already, I've been putting the three REVEALs that I own through the ringer since July of 22, and none of them have hiccupped yet. I'm quite pleased thus far with their performance, however I do believe I have experienced some of their limitations as well, and I will provide further detailed analysis of what I might mean sometime after the current hunting season. I'm convinced though that I've received my monies worth out of them already too. It's a huge jump going from the old plain Jane non-cellular TCs to something like these cameras, but totally worth it if you're into deer as much as I am, or close to it.

Thought I'd add this example to this thread, more will follow about them at a later date.

deb6383f-6b79-427d-951b-d1d42edadc68.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130_172602_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_172602_Gallery.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 77fe9448-bfc2-47dd-8bc1-b536c2ead500.jpg
    77fe9448-bfc2-47dd-8bc1-b536c2ead500.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: