Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tactacam Reveal Cell Trail Camera....

I ordered 2 reveal Xs to replace the lighting cam. I can’t get either one to get signal. All of my other cams are working good. Not sure what is going on. Waiting on a response from Tactacam.
Which carrier? Verizon was having quite a few issues with linking up Reveals over the weekend. Best source for help is to get on Facebook to the Tactacam Reveal User Group page and the Reveal By Tactacam page and send them a message through there. PM a guy by the name Tactacam Dustin Doornink and he will pull up your account and get them activated. Several posts about the same thing over the weekend.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Which carrier? Verizon was having quite a few issues with linking up Reveals over the weekend. Best source for help is to get on Facebook to the Tactacam Reveal User Group page and the Reveal By Tactacam page and send them a message through there. PM a guy by the name Tactacam Dustin Doornink and he will pull up your account and get them activated. Several posts about the same thing over the weekend.
I can’t help but wonder if that Dustin can catch fish?😂

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I received my XB the other day. As I told Chuck, I was pleased to be receiving videos from the cam as soon as I requested one. The instructions mentioned that you have to wait unti the next activation to recieve, so that's a really nice surprise. I wonder if my SK will be as prompt , as I had to wait until the next pic activation to send. Hopefully something has changed. I don't plan on re activation until October.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Interesting info…. Yes they are Verizon. Thanks

Reactions: Big_Holla
Well that was quick. Responded immediately to my message and went into my account and fixed the issue. Still waiting on the actual email I sent yesterday.
You may not hear back through email, he likely would cancel anything related to your account once it's fixed. By far the fastest way to get results is through those pages. Several people work for them through there and troubleshoot all day long. Glad they got it squared away.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bought two Browning cams last year. Happy with them. One is still running the original batteries. The other had batteries die in March. Got it back in service yesterday. Deployed 2 Tactacam Reveal X as well. Happy so far. About half the price. Monthly fees less than half the price. I may be putting the Browning cams up for sale simply due to monthly plan costs.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'm assuming that all Tactacam Reveal owners receive e-mail messages such as this one I received this morning. If not, then here you go.

Today @9:30 AM

"Apple is currently recommending users upgrade their phones with the latest iOS 16 software release, however, doing so causes many apps to have connectivity issues after the iOS16 upgrade. Upgrading to the recent iOS 16 iPhone release disrupts the ability to connect to your Tactacam's POV camera and/or your Reveal camera's WiFi. Simply restart your phone to fix your phone's ability to connect to the camera's WiFi connection.

Receiving photos and other camera features and services are NOT affected.

Good luck this season!

The Tactacam Team"

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I have a question for the guys that have a tactacam. I’ve seen pics from @bowhunter1023 and @Wildlife that were as clear as the ones taken from my Spartan.my tactacam is blurry and I’ve tried messing with the pixels to see if that helps but it does not…and when I try zooming in on a pic it becomes a useless blur. Am I overlooking something in the settings or did I get a lemon? It’s been doing it since day one but I thought that it was just normal for a cheaper camera…but after seeing others pics on here, I realize it’s a problem with my camera.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I have a question for the guys that have a tactacam. I’ve seen pics from @bowhunter1023 and @Wildlife that were as clear as the ones taken from my Spartan.my tactacam is blurry and I’ve tried messing with the pixels to see if that helps but it does not…and when I try zooming in on a pic it becomes a useless blur. Am I overlooking something in the settings or did I get a lemon? It’s been doing it since day one but I thought that it was just normal for a cheaper camera…but after seeing others pics on here, I realize it’s a problem with my camera.
You can request HD pics that will be sent when your cam checks in daily (for the original models). It costs $5 for 50 pics. Also when you swap cards the pics will be the HD version.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
HD version from WV public land
AA9D8048-28BD-4A21-AA79-C166705AB013.jpeg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
You can request HD pics by holding your thumb on the pic in App on the first page....where you can scroll through all your pics. The frame of the pic will turn green and 5 choices will pop up at the bottom. HD will be on the right. Select it and you can request HD.