Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Talk about relief...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Seeing the time stamps on this pictures after almost three weeks of nothing from him, I about pissed myself! Now if we can only keep him alive until next year and then get him inside 40 yards of me in the fall!!! (Tracie killing him this year would be cool too!!!)

I'm 100% positive that Boss made it through the weekend alive and well also. He now gets a pass for the rest of the year. This deer has loads of potential...

This is a new buck from my honey hole. I had better pics, but my SD card got wiped out somehow. Not sure what was wrong with his eye, but it looks like it hurts! I had some head on pics and the eye does not shine in the IR light. He is also 18-19" wide and looks much more impressive from the front...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Love it...Glad to see the big guy made it through....he is going to be a hoss next year if tracie doesnt get him this year. Can you imagine those two kickers next year? SAWEET!!!

What a STUD!

Diablo54

Outside
Think you could cut me a deal on a bec? haha Really nice deer. If you don't mind me asking is this over bait?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Think you could cut me a deal on a bec? haha Really nice deer. If you don't mind me asking is this over bait?

Yes, I can help you on a cam. And yes, it's over corn. Corn is the single best way to get multiple quality shots of a deer. I use my BEC's as "inventory" cams, so corn is a must if I want to see as many deer as possible. This cam has taken 11,000 pictures in a six weeks with one battery change. I've seen 10 different bucks to date at this location, two shooters and four prospects. This time of year, I'm looking to establish a pattern coming to the corn within 30 minutes of shooting light, if not during shooting light. Once I have that, I can focus on back tracking and intercepting the deer. The goal is not to kill them over the corn, but in route...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's great to see some nice bucks surviving the orange army! I can't wait to check my cam in a couple weeks to see what's still running around.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nice to see a few made it...I haven't gotten anything big on cam since gun. I still gotta get a couple cams and corn pile out though.

Diablo54

Outside
Yes, I can help you on a cam. And yes, it's over corn. Corn is the single best way to get multiple quality shots of a deer. I use my BEC's as "inventory" cams, so corn is a must if I want to see as many deer as possible. This cam has taken 11,000 pictures in a six weeks with one battery change. I've seen 10 different bucks to date at this location, two shooters and four prospects. This time of year, I'm looking to establish a pattern coming to the corn within 30 minutes of shooting light, if not during shooting light. Once I have that, I can focus on back tracking and intercepting the deer. The goal is not to kill them over the corn, but in route...

I set a cam yesterday over a pile of acorns that I collected early this fall. It won't last that long and i'm sick of changing batterys.