Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tapatalk Users. FYI

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hahahaha. I habe some things to change so ill let you guys know when to test.

From what I understand form tapatalk thought, the resize is done on the app on the phone. They expect better options in the next release.

But I'm gonna see what I can do in the meantime.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Hahahaha. I habe some things to change so ill let you guys know when to test.

From what I understand form tapatalk thought, the resize is done on the app on the phone. They expect better options in the next release.

But I'm gonna see what I can do in the meantime.

Yeah it looks like a Tapatalk issue to me TOO, I just got an update last night (thought I was already running the latest). I went back to some previous thread last deer season that I posted from my phone and they are only 29kb, so my thought of the images being smaller isn't the case.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Trying both again for my own sanity....

Says this one is large...

uploadfromtaptalk1311340048767.jpg

And this one is small....

uploadfromtaptalk1311340048767.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311340105144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311340105144.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 153

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah it looks like a Tapatalk issue to me TOO, I just got an update last night (thought I was already running the latest). I went back to some previous thread last deer season that I posted from my phone and they are only 29kb, so my thought of the images being smaller isn't the case.

Ok try again. I update the attachment size allocation to 250 kb.. Polly not going to work as it was 125 earlier and the largest tapatalk is posting is 48 kb

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Well I will ignore the size options that tapatalk gives me on my phone, because small size is definitely bigger than full size, but can look at the size (kb) and tell that.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That one is bigger. Sum beeches... I figured out how their app code resizes images. Give me a sec to do the math.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep... It resizes based on dimensions. 648x364 seems to be the largest.. And the resize is done on the phone not the server code.. So in the end I have zero control over the size posted to the board. They have promised a better option in the next app release.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yep... It resizes based on dimensions. 648x364 seems to be the largest.. And the resize is done on the phone not the server code.. So in the end I have zero control over the size posted to the board. They have promised a better option in the next app release.

It's cool, when I choose the 60 or so kb range you can see the picture pretty well when you click on it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah, but it's incredibly silly for tapatalk to program an app where the phone determines the upload size vs the admin on the server it's being uploaded to... lol...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My Tapatalk is having "force close" issues now. Damn Hungarians, Turks or wherever this code was written!

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My Tapatalk is having "force close" issues now. Damn Hungarians, Turks or wherever this code was written!

Beentown

China. Did you just update the app like Drake did last night? If so revert back to the older code.

I need to add a disclaimer to the site... ""This forum uses tapatalk... This forum does not support tapatalk..."" lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Question for you guys, is the tapatalk app a monthly fee or a one time fee?

One time purchase of the app for as long as you use the same phone OS. So if you have an Iphone and upgrade phones to another iphone you can still use the app. But if you go to an Android phone you will have to buy the android app.

What phone do you have?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It would work on your phone. And as long as you went to another Droid phone you would own the app. Updates are available for free.