Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FYI Tapatalk.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I logged onto the site and hit “save to Home Screen” on both my iPad and iPhone. Now it’s on both devices just like you would have an app. Very easy to access. Trust me Nick, I’m not very tech savvy so if I can do it, you can.

Thanks! That reminds me as that is a new feature also., I need to post on how to add TOO as a app icon. Delete yours and redo it if it's just a White T, I added a logo to the app badge icon to make it easier.

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Man I just hate change. And for the record I do none of those jobs anymore haven’t for like 12 years. Got the worst job w the best pay, no fun just solving problems and leading the way for others to follow. 2 years I will get out of the way and let the new blood carry on better than me, that’s the way it should be.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man I just hate change. And for the record I do none of those jobs anymore haven’t for like 12 years. Got the worst job w the best pay, no fun just solving problems and leading the way for others to follow. 2 years I will get out of the way and let the new blood carry on better than me, that’s the way it should be.

I know it sucks for people that use tapatalk. If you have any trouble just ask man, no question is stupid. Honestly, try out the mobile version of this site, it's very appy feeling and works great. I just can't allow tapatalk to have access to member information. The two members that reached out to me today about the email spam have never used tapatalk, yet somehow tapatalk sent them a spam email. That tells me that tapatalk somehow has access to nonpublic member profile information and snagged their email address. I am sure it's burried somewhere in their terms of service that they can do that. To me it completely violates the trust bond those members have placed in this site that we will not share or sell their email addresses. Tapatalk has once again put me in a rock and a hard place between members who use it and love it, and the private information of members who don't. It's just gone too far. Tapatalk will also receive a demand from TOO pursuant to the California Data Protection Act that they permanently delete any and all information they've retrieved.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Y'all could get off those ridiculous i-products and onto platforms that actually work.... ;)

Yeah, this! 😂

I enjoyed Tapatalk, but you'll never miss it after using your browser to navigate. As Joe said, the mobile version of the website feels like an app and you can even save the link as an app tile. I understand the reluctance to change, but we're not asking you to switch genders here...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah, this! 😂

I enjoyed Tapatalk, but you'll never miss it after using your browser to navigate. As Joe said, the mobile version of the website feels like an app and you can even save the link as an app tile. I understand the reluctance to change, but we're not asking you to switch genders here...
Probably be easier for Nicky too change genders 😂

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
hal_9000.jpg

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Now this is some funny crap right here!!! Sorry man nothing works better than Apple products, everything works seamlessly from iPhone, to iPad to MacBook.

Looks like I gotta get out a bigger spoon... lol

They work fine as long as they are communicating with other i-cult products. But when they have to actually function in an environment where many different platforms, operating systems, and networks exist, they tend to go tits up because of their 'proprietary' software.
oBQWZR7.jpg
2breaks.jpg
e28.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: giles

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
38551193-9BA6-4D01-B21F-F6A7F3609741.jpeg

THIS is why he doesn’t work outside anymore....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Also the most secure phones and laptops

Once upon a time this was true due to Apples lower market share of operating system users. Apple now outpaces windows for security vulnerabilities and unfortunately takes much longer to issue patches than Microsoft does.

Reactions: Tipmoose