Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TC Encore, 12ga, Rifled, slugbarrel

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
"J"...

Did you notice the low price?...I have $450 in that barrel and if it wasnt bent/defective I would be askin much more than $250 :)lmaolmaolmaolmao

Seriously..Im haveing problems getting it to group..its has to be the ammo selection..But i doubt there's anything wrong with the barrel...its basically brand new

What would really be wrong is undisclosure regarding how it shoots...I made it well aware that im having a difficult time with the barrel..which is the right thing to do...so..lightin up..buddy...your way to uptight. :)

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
"J"...

Did you notice the low price?...I have $450 in that barrel and if it wasnt bent/defective I would be askin much more than $250 :)lmaolmaolmaolmao

Seriously..Im haveing problems getting it to group..its has to be the ammo selection..But i doubt there's anything wrong with the barrel...its basically brand new

What would really be wrong is undisclosure regarding how it shoots...I made it well aware that im having a difficult time with the barrel..which is the right thing to do...so..lightin up..buddy...your way to uptight. :)

Trust me I'm probably one of the most laid back people you'd ever want to meet..... Self proclaimed of course....

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Ive decided that im going to keep the barrel and spend more time at the range with different types of ammo. I didnt give this setup much time. Ive never dealt with slug guns before i began hunting ohio and it seems they are picky which ammo you use in the barrel.

One question..Do I need to get a "slug gun" scope or will my leupold 3 * 9 * 40 be ok ?

old hunter

Nothing wrong with Leupold,I have several.Try some Winchester supreme sabots,gold or platinum,they shoot awesme in my guns.You can't shoot regular rifled slugs through a rifled barrel very well.It will lead up,butt you are probably aware of that. The Hornady SST's do shoot well also,and are allot less expensive. I have 2x-7x ballistic plex scopes on my slug guns and muzzle loader,for the field of view on 2x when you get in heavy brush,about 43'to 46'.field of view,7 power is plenty out to 200 yds.I have Nikon's,Leupold,and Burris in the 2-7. All three are good. T.C. backs all of their products well with fast turn around,if you can't get it to shoot.Make sure your sciope base is loctited and that the rings and base are tight. Good luck,it should shoot well.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
mountaineer, you will be fine with that scope. I have a 3-9 on my savage 220 slugger and it is a perfect match for ohio woods.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Since you decided to go ahead and keep the barrel I'm going to move this thread over to the Knowledge Forum section under Guns questions.

Last edited: