Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 10 Tag Em Nation

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'll be out all weekend and next week with a bow, I never use a gun lol

I will be out Monday and Sunday next week. Have a Thanksgiving to go to tomorrow so not sure if I can sneak out for a morning hunt or not. I normally don't use a gun either but this season and last season are BS and I plan to even the score a bit lmao. Hunt public and blast the shit out of um lol.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Gun season was a bust for me. I hunted down south on opening day and only saw a few does all day. The deer population in our specific area is half or less than half of what it was during the glory days based on my records and camera stats. So, I didn't shoot any of the does. I hunted around home the rest of the week without any success. Still have not seen a buck 3.5+ from the stand this year and its looking like tag soup for me. We still have muzzleloader, but I'll have to hunt up here in the northeast because traditionally a lot of our bucks down in south surprisingly shed at the end of this month.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Gun season was a bust for me. I hunted down south on opening day and only saw a few does all day. The deer population in our specific area is half or less than half of what it was during the glory days based on my records and camera stats. So, I didn't shoot any of the does. I hunted around home the rest of the week without any success. Still have not seen a buck 3.5+ from the stand this year and its looking like tag soup for me. We still have muzzleloader, but I'll have to hunt up here in the northeast because traditionally a lot of our bucks down in south surprisingly shed at the end of this month.

Right there with ya buddy. I normally am done before gun season but this year is the worst year in about 15 years for me. I actually picked up the gun for the first time in years to hit the gun opener. I didn't see a single deer all day and that was the only day I could hunt gun season. We went to Deleware State Park and hunted until noon there because I could shoot buck or doe there where I can only shoot bucks on the local property. Pretty dissapointing season to say the least. I am going to toss up the feeder and see what is still out there but the doe are slim here as well and I refuse to shoot one on the property so from here on out it will be a buck or nothing. I will be back out for a couple days of muzzy season but that's it for me the rest of the season.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I'm headed out for muzzy Saturday only, but it's hard to be optimistic without any shooters on camera since gun season. Who else is going?

ohio
Fun fun

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388890724649.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388890724649.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 295

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Should make my job that much more fun Tuesday lmao. Not looking forward to this at all.

I will be out as long as it isn't too bad tomorrow and Monday.