Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 11

lung buster

hocking county
Yes my son and I are going this weekend but Sat is also opening day for ball and he has a game at 09:00 and my daughter has one at 10:30. Our plan is to get lucky right after fly down and if not to hit it again in the pm. Sunday we will be at it again all morning if we come up empty Sat. You taking any youth this weekend? Birds have been quiet the last couple of mornings here too. Last week there were 3 that was huntable around the house that were sounding off every morning. I did see one this morning sitting in a dust bowl that I've been keeping an eye on. He never gobbled in the 30 min or so that I watched him!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
No hunting for me this weekend since Im working nites and I still dont feel my kids are ready just yet. I was out Saturday morning and heard three different birds in a place I only hunt with my Mom. My first day to hunt will probably be Wed.

Kaiser878

ohio
hello all. I hope i dont hinder the team.. Im not much of a turkey hunter.....I also hunt mainly with my bow.....so we will see what happens.. good luck all

lung buster

hocking county
Welcome Kaiser. My son and I came up short this weekend. We never heard the first gobble Sat. Today we heard one a couples miles away and then one of the birds that we are after gobbled one time on the roost and that was it. We sat up where he was and had a hen respond but no gobbles the rest of the am. Going to try to get him on one again in the morning before school. Good luck to you guy's when you make it out!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I got out for the first time this morning and found one all alone.

5 yards!
10 1/4" beard
1 1/8" spurs
22#

lung buster

hocking county
Nice pic. I love the detail, lol. Been at it the last 4 day's ( 2 youth) and it has been tough. Heard one gobble yesterday and 2 today. Looks like tomorrow will be the best day yet so i'm hoping they open back up. Will have my son with me until school time then I'll be back out myself.

Kaiser878

ohio
Got us on the board again fellas. Unfortunately it wasnt with my bow though. This bird gave me the slip for the last 5 days.....But today....he died....
10 3/4 beard 1 1/4 spurs and 24 pounds

lung buster

hocking county
Good job Kaiser! Not much to report on my end. The birds around here gobble one day and are quiet the next. Had a close call Sun but couldn't get a shot even though he was at 30 yds or so. I'm on day's this week but may take off Fri morning some to get my boy back out and will be able to go Sat a little before ball. My next time off is Mon-Weds.

Kaiser878

ohio
Got us ten bonus points today. I took my g/f out on her first turkey hunt and she shot a stud. Bigger than any bird I have ever killed!
1 1/2 inch spurs 10 inch beard

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Your a scoring machine man. That is a true trophy for the little lady. Great pic TOO. At least your smiling in these pics lmao.

Kaiser878

ohio
Ha just getting lucky. Like I said before I am not a very good turkey hunter. I have been doing some reading and what not trying to get a little more efficient...But what I have found is time in the woods playing with the birds is some of the best learning I have gotten yet involving these darn birds. Ithink Im learning, but its a slow process! IT helps when you have receptive birds though

Kaiser878

ohio
AHoldren, Hey u gonna post that bird up or what? ha

How we doing lung buster? If you get your bird, I think we can seal this up....

Last edited:

lung buster

hocking county
Not looking good here. I have not heard a single gobble since last Fri. I'm good for some youth points still but I'm starting 3rd shaft so not sure how much I'll be hunting the next week. It's far from over so we will see.