Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 12 - Thwackin' & Stackin'

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I don't pull. The truck I have to work on is in my Avatar. Its a Chevy 2500. Got a speed sensor or something going on. The brake light is flashing and the warning chime is dinging. Just replaced the hubs and sensors a couple months ago so not sure what is going on. Need to get it hooked to the computer and see whats up. Worried that it may be the sensor in the transfer case that is bad but won't know till I dig in. I need to get it fixed before the TOO outing because I am pulling my 5th Wheel down to Strouds to stay in.

The 81 degree highs this weekend have me figuring I will sit this weekend out as well.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Against my better judgment, I will be heading out this evening. Wind is good for this stand and I've never hunted this property before. I dumped 100 pounds of corn and mixed molasses in with it on Wednesday so hopefully they swing on by for a bite:D

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Saw 2 deer tonight, one being the button buck in the photo. His big ol mom wouldn't come any closer than 40, plus she was behind a couple saplings and I wasn't risking it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411955794660.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411955794660.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 327

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Well at least you didn't get skunked.
I will be going out in the morning, for no other reason than to knock the dust off.

rsmith

I'm going to go out tonight due to the nice morning-afternoon rain we are getting right now, it started at 7 and should end right around 3 and I will be up in the stand around 4 so let's hope they get up and about after being rained on all day

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm thinking about heading out also. It just started raining here. I get off work at 2:30 so I got plenty of time to get ready.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Looking at the forecast!!! I cannot wait until this weekend. Strong cold front is moving through Friday and the temps are going to be much cooler for the weekend. Looks like it is going to be great to be in the woods.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Didn't see a single deer during my sit except the end, when I was climbing down the tree in my climber at dark. I heard a snort and barely saw a couple whitetails. They didn't come out at 6:30 like they did the other night. I'll be staying out of that stand for about a week or 2.

rsmith

Looking at the forecast!!! I cannot wait until this weekend. Strong cold front is moving through Friday and the temps are going to be much cooler for the weekend. Looks like it is going to be great to be in the woods.

I know!! It's going to be a awesome weekend for sure!!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Congrats buddy, and good luck this weekend guys. Went out last night, had a yote at last light but just to dark to shoot. I'm out the rest of the week, taking the boy camping this weekend.