Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 12 - Thwackin' & Stackin'

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Well I will get started tomorrow afternoon. I will be going to a new property that I have never hunted. Good news is it only fifteen minutes from home so I should be able to get alot more seat time this year. I know the property holds good deer. The guy who is letting me on it hunts as well and has some nice trail cam pics. I do not have high hopes on tomorrow as I will need to hang a stand then hunt but you never know they might get curious.

good luck to whoever will be out.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Saw some does today on the new farm, found my first scrape of the year. Hunting the in laws place this evening which is next door to the new farm.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1412535277035.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412535284182.jpg

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Made it out this morning, figured maybe the blood moon would stand up to the name. It was a very active morning, on my way in I had my target buck trapped in the beam of my flashlight. At least I know he is Ali e and well. I was stopped in the dark as he walked to me being sucked in by the light. He got to about 15 ft before I said hello to him.
made it to my stand by the mornings end I had 12 deer make it past my stand, with only young bucks offering shots. Oh well that's how it goes.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Made it out this morning, figured maybe the blood moon would stand up to the name. It was a very active morning, on my way in I had my target buck trapped in the beam of my flashlight. At least I know he is Ali e and well. I was stopped in the dark as he walked to me being sucked in by the light. He got to about 15 ft before I said hello to him.
made it to my stand by the mornings end I had 12 deer make it past my stand, with only young bucks offering shots. Oh well that's how it goes.

Makes for an exciting hunt, better than getting skunked!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Congrats on that fine buck, john! I start working afternoons this week, 11a-7p while in training. I might get out Thursday or Friday morning but I plan on sitting all day on Saturday and Sunday.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Thanks buddy, at least you will have the mornings to try and get out. Good luck later this week. Shoot em dead!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks buddy, at least you will have the mornings to try and get out. Good luck later this week. Shoot em dead!

Ya, I got that going for me. And when the training is done my regular shift will be 4-12:30am. So I can hunt mornings, come home and nap, then go to work.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Have not connected yet this year.
It has been tough to say the least.
I did get us a youth hunt bonus this past weekend.
I will be out this week a couple times then will be out for gun opener through wednesday.
Hopefully I can contribute something.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm picking up the antlers from the taxi tomorrow. I'd rather hold on to them myself until he needs them back. Plus I need to get the measurements for the contest. Good luck Jon.