Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 12

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Were waiting JD...lol

The only consistent buck Ive gotten pictures of is still holding tight to a standing corn field I think.

Closest to daylight pic Ive gotten of him. Dates wrong, 10/6. He shows up at least 4 or 5 days a week. Sometimes twice in one night. He's always coming from the corn.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I'm now 0-6 on the big sad daddy... Walked up the hill tonight and lay my stand, bow and sticks down at 5:05 and look out in the crp field and whatta you know, he's standing up for some reason right in the middle of it. He lays back down and I sneak out in the corn and get just slightly se of him and watched and waited. He went ne and never gave me a shot...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome pic JD! The slob prolly thought they were just fighting for sloppy seconds anyway. He knows who's gettin' firsts.lol

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Didn't see the big one tonight but had a pretty good 10pt come in. Wind was terrible tonight and I should of just left when I got back to the stand and noticed then it was swirling different directions. I was all cleaned up and had two layers of scent blocking technology outfits and it didn't help a bit. Maybe he got a whiff of my breath since we did have mexican for lunch...lol... I guess it was a good thing it happened though cause I really don't wanna kill this buck anyways. He'll be a giant next year if he makes it. But I won't lie, my bow was in my hand...lol

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*

:smiley_chinrub:

Not what I expected to see on the other end of the property. Guess it fits the puzzle piece. Makes sense considering the other end of the property 80% of the pics I get of him are in the dead of night. I have a decent idea of his whereabouts during daylight. He's still cutting it too damn short. This part of the woods is all honey suckle. He's in a shooting lane here, basically the only shooting lane in this portion of the woods. I cant move any closer.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Hunted last night and this morning. Had 7 doe come in during the rain but the big one never showed up till 1 this morning... This morning hunted on a different property and one of the other hunters rode his atv clear across the crp field and parked it under one of my stands. Total disrespect for the other hunters there. We were hot...

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Guys I apologize... I hit one of my target 8's yesterday morning. 15 yard shot, just about broadside and I hit him high. Pulled out of the woods for 7 hours just to be safe and went back in last night to look for him. I was hoping I clipped a lung. I followed the blood trail which was strong at first than after about two hundreds yards nothing. I ended up bumping him out of a bed. His bed had little to no blood in it. I can't believe I messed that shoot up and let the team down! I'm going to take another walk for him this morning but he ran into an area I am not allowed to go on. so, I'm hoping over night he bedded back down near to where the action went down yesterday but I'm not holding my breathe. Keep you guys posted.

old hunter

Sorry you didn't find your buck,Alph. It sucks. I have only had a shot at an 8 pt.about a 120" to 125".not big enough this early.Will kill a doe this week.Things are starting to happen, Good luck guys.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Yeah, I went on that property yesterday and searched for over an hour. Its not the biggest plot of land he went into and I walked through it three times. No blood after the bed he was in two days ago. It's hard to swallow, I just can't believe I hit that high. Im going to take a few days off then get back at it this weekend.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Dang man, hate to hear that. Those high hits won;t bleed much and won't show in a bed too much at all.

Can you ask permission to at least look for the buck on the other property?

I've asked and been granted permission to look for deer on 4 occasions. I always let them know I am going in with NO WEAPON and just don't want the deer to suffer or go to waste.....Good Luck Man!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Good job Seth! I was in stand tonight and had 5 bucks running does all over the woods. Big boy was there at 4:20 and 6:30 this morning but never showed his face tonight....