Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

Treed

Stark County
I saw a lot of turkey but not a lot of deer movement. It felt good to be in my stand again though.
Last night about a half hour before I climbed down I had two jakes walk down the hill I was set up on about 40 or 50 yards to my right. I watched them for about 3 minutes before they disappeared. Pretty cool to see. I was annoyed I forgot to grab my phone before I left. I usually take a pic of each of my sets throughout the season and whatever cool critters that happen wander by.

Treed

Stark County
Looks like we've got a decent cold front coming in next weekend but until then it's going to be much the same as what we're seeing now. This year, during the early season, I'm going to be a little more selective about when I hunt. I got it out of my system yesterday but for the most part, I won't be out unless there is favorable weather.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Looks like we've got a decent cold front coming in next weekend but until then it's going to be much the same as what we're seeing now. This year, during the early season, I'm going to be a little more selective about when I hunt. I got it out of my system yesterday but for the most part, I won't be out unless there is favorable weather.
Probably a good idea. I just can't help myself lol. I just enjoy sitting in the tree.

angelzd28

Yes sitting there is what its all about, sweating a gallon of water walking to the stand is not, hah
Looks like friday maybe the next time i go out, cooler temps with a chance of rain.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I did see a few deer tonight. Two small bucks and a doe and yearling. Gave them all a pass. Maybe I will regret it but just couldn't get myself too shoot a year and half old buck the second day of season. lol. And probably wouldn't the last day either.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I made it out again tonight. I must say the Skeeter's just about got the best of me lol. I thought I might put meet in the freezer but the momma stay too deep in the corn for a good shot. Her two button bucks was under me for a half hr before the big doe went buy. After they fed off there was another deer go through but again too far in the corn I couldn't tell if it was a huge doe or a small buck. So other then not taking my thermal cell with me it was another great night.

angelzd28

I made it out last night as well and ran into the skeeter problem as well!! I did have a momma and a fawn come into range, but the mom prob wouldnt have weighed more then 100 punds soaking wet, and the fawn was like the size of a small dog, musta been a new momma doe, cuz they were SMALL. Other then that not a whole lot else. Prob wont be out again till Fri.

Treed

Stark County
I was hoping to get out today but the wind is all wrong. I'm looking forward to the weekend. The weather and wind looks like it's going to be pretty good through Tuesday or Wednesday.

Treed

Stark County
Thanks, you too. Hopefully with the cool down, we'll start seeing some movement. I'm itching to shoot one with my new bow and I'm making my last batch of jerky right now. It's time.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Thanks, you too. Hopefully with the cool down, we'll start seeing some movement. I'm itching to shoot one with my new bow and I'm making my last batch of jerky right now. It's time.

I hear ya, we are down to about 8 lbs of burger and two packs of steaks out of 4 deer last year. And I want to break the cherry on my new bow also. It has been slow for me the first few days a few small bucks are the only good shots I've had. I hope the front gets them on their feet seems like my doe count is down again this year so far.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Good luck guys if you guys are heading out. The weather should get them moving. I'm going too start in the morning and try and be in the stand most of the weekend.

angelzd28

Didnt make it out this weekend, "the man" had me working all weekend, but i do get a four day weekend coming up , although i prob wont hunt sat or sunday due to muzzleloader, but friday and monday look like the next hunt times for me. Congrats Fluteman on the doe down and good luck to everybody else going out. As always put some bruisers down.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Glad I could contribute on a doe kill. Don't have a buck tied down, so that may be all you get out of me this year. LOL

Not sure how much I will be out this week or next, but my seven day break starts the 17th, so I will be out some then.

Good luck to anyone heading out after a doe this weekend. I may take the wife out after one if she wants to go.

Treed

Stark County
Good job on the doe! Congrats.

I'm going to try to get down to Knox County this weekend but it may be tough.

Good luck to the rest of you guys. Stay safe.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Congrats on the doe greg. I'm in the stand tonight it was a slow weekend only seeing two button bucks. I in a stand tonight that hasn't been touched since the first week of last season. Its a small acorn patch with corn to my west. the wind is perfect. I hope I can make something happen? God luck to you guys. And most of all be safe.

angelzd28

Went out twice this past weekend, one morning and one evenign sit. REALLY slow, got skunked on the morning sit, in a spot I always see deer, and saw four does last night about 300 yds away. Too warm of temps IMO, but the rut is right around the corner. :smiley_crocodile:

Treed

Stark County
I didn't make it out last weekend for muzzies. Family comes first, at least for another week or two. lol
We'll see what this weekend brings. I know the temps will be dropping, hopefully the barometric pressure pushes back up a little bit.
Starting to see some signs of life on cam. Things are looking up. It's just a matter of time now.