Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - Nocked and Loaded

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Thanks Fluteman!

Ok guys, I didn't go out this morning but am planning on getting in the woods in a couple of hours. Close to where I plan to hunt, they started harvesting the corn field today, so it will either be all good or bite me in the *ss. Guess we'll find out!

Anyone else hunting today?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tomorrow for me xbowgirl. I like the sounds of combines next to my hunting spot. This could make for an active evening hunt for you! Good luck!

Thanks Flutey. Best of luck to you as well.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Can't find my handheld propane torch to light my Scent Smoker in the morning. Getting pissed. Guess I will head out to the shop and use the big torch. lol

Planning on hitting a stand in which the winds will be "okay" to hunt. Some deer will skirt me because of the stand choice. I believe others will come in upwind of me as they avoid the other hunters. It is not my first choice stand. I really haven't been seeing action here. However, given the number of hunters out this morning, I suspect the deer may seek refuge in this woods and generally will walk right past where I will be sitting. I would like to hunt one of the other two stands set on this property, but the winds are going to be 100% wrong for either of them. South wind, west wind, or any sort of southerly wind would work. Any northerly winds are bad for morning hunts. Might work for evenings, but not for mornings. Crossing my fingers and anxious to hit the woods. Good news: If I get a shot it will be under 30yds. Should be able to hear them breathing. lol

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Skipped this morning but will be back out this evening. My Indiana hunter has seen the same 130" 8pt going to bed in a crp field the last two days but no shot. Close friend missed a 150" 8pt on video last night and I got skunked lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hang in there Rutin. Only takes a minute. I just passed on Right Split brow buck at 25yds. Might come back to haunt me later but I will take the chance. uploadfromtaptalk1349010920358.jpg

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I got nothing. I saw nothing. I heard nothing.

I do like my set-up though. Just wish some stinkin' does had come in so I could see if i got detected or not before the bucks travel through. When I left the woods, a bazillion deer were in the freshly harvested corn field. I had hoped that would push them towards me, but evidently not.

Anyway, remember that huge storm back around the 4th of July? A big top came out of a pine tree and is laying on the ground within 20 to 30 yards of where I am baiting. I got a nice hole in the middle/center of it. I've got pine needles on my head and branches right up against both sides of me. Seemed like a good hiding spot to me, but time will tell.

If the winds are right, I'm anxious to hunt my favorite spot, but these North winds aren't allowing that yet.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Great job, Rutin! And points for us! Yay!

I won't be back out until the weekend. I only hunt if Rick is around as I need his help when I do shoot one.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I'll be heading out this evening. I'm not doe hunting yet, but at this point, I'll be glad to at least see one......starting to wonder if deer are mythical creatures. :smiley_baby:

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Nice work Rutin! Way to put us on the board!

And Hicks, I can't BELIEVE you passed on that buck. You are a better man than I.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck to all of you heading out tomorrow. Last day of show is tomorrow. Going to try to move some more product and then off to home to see the family.

Deerburger- yeah. I might regret that one later. Lol. Then again, it was my first hunt of the year and there are 4 bigger on this property. Not quite big enough to justify the argument with my wife over the mount location. Lmao

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Deerburger- yeah. I might regret that one later. Lol. Then again, it was my first hunt of the year and there are 4 bigger on this property. Not quite big enough to justify the argument with my wife over the mount location. Lmao

You are the man!