Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - Nocked and Loaded

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think I really fugged up. I think I missed my shot on a big buck. I waited forever for him to turn as he had his ass to me and finally turned quarter away and I took the shot at 20 yards.

But when the arrow flew, he didn't hunch or kick or act like he was hit other than to run and circle back the way he had came in. I heard only a few sticks break, then nothing. Dead silence. No more sticks breaking or any crashing sounds.

I waited 15 minutes then got out of there. I didn't even go look for my arrow just in case he was still in the vicinity.

I don't want to call Rick back from his hunt since I think I screwed up. Guess when Rick gets here in about 45 minutes, we can go look for my arrow. Man, I'm sick.........

Dang... good luck... hoping you connected. ya never know!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I thought it was a good shot. It looked good and felt good. Judging by his reaction is what makes me think I missed.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've had deer stand there and act like nothing happened and then just drop.
One a few years ago stood there, snorted, blood flew out of his nose, trotted 20 yards and dropped, but he never kicked or anything on the shot.
Their reaction doesn't always indicate a hit.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
We found my buck, but in my excitement (okay, panic) I forgot the gutting pack, etc., so now we are going to leave again. I'll post more when I know more!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Alright. It has been an hour. You are killing me sista! I need to see a dead deer on our team before o go to bed. Lol

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Just got back. We found a blood trail but not Rick's buck yet. Gonna be a long night.

Mine is an 8 and I now know what ground shrinkage is! I'll post pics either late tonight or in the morning. We only got one picture in the woods and the batteries went dead. Been one of them nights. :smiley_blackeye:

We've got lots to do and more tracking possibly.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Ok, here is a quick pic. I'll have to post the story and regulations stuff tomorrow as we still have to skin him, etc.

hpim1897a.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am all buck from here on out. Well, maybe one more doe if the opportunity presents itself. lol

Doe hanging on ice right now. Will post up more later. I need to take Hank out to help a guy (non-TOOzer) look for a buck.