Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #3 - The Moe Fuggars

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Back too work for a few days too get caught up then hitting it thurs through sunday..... May even extend it through thanksgiving into gun seaon..... I'm going to drop something if I have too burn all my vacation for the next year rotflmao Well honey we don't need too go too the beach this year rotflmao :smiley_blackeye:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
:smiley_confused_schI know what you mean "J"

I could usually give a crap about gun season but I haven't killed ANYTHING yet. Took off all of gun. Wife was rescheduling one job I had and was giving me crap. Hopefully hunting Thurs, Fri, and Sat all day will produce some fruit so I can skip depending on gun and just chase trespassers. This year my buddy said he would bring the McMillan Brothers .50 to shoot on opening day and that weekend. :smiley_bodyguard:That should make the fuggars shit themselves!

Could you imagine being a trespasser and hearing that fuggar being shot in your vicinity :smiley_confused_sch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
:smiley_confused_schI know what you mean "J"

I could usually give a crap about gun season but I haven't killed ANYTHING yet. Took off all of gun. Wife was rescheduling one job I had and was giving me crap. Hopefully hunting Thurs, Fri, and Sat all day will produce some fruit so I can skip depending on gun and just chase trespassers. This year my buddy said he would bring the McMillan Brothers .50 to shoot on opening day and that weekend. :smiley_bodyguard:That should make the fuggars shit themselves!

Could you imagine being a trespasser and hearing that fuggar being shot in your vicinity :smiley_confused_sch

Holy shitz man.... :smiley_clap: I've got one in the freezer but would like another cushion in the form of a buck in there as well.... For all the time and effort this year I was hoping for better results..... If it doesn't work out buddy we can drown our sorrows in beer and then take it that we did our best and it just didn't work out :smiley_crocodile:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
There's a tear in my beer...lol

Yeah you have had a more....distressed season than I since you have had a lot more seat time. Just would like to go back to 2007 lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I haven't killed a deer with a gun since 2007. That will change this year!!! :smiley_clap:

I've killed a deer before November every year since 2005 or 2006, so I'm itching to put some fresh meat on the table! If you can get out this week, the weather is about to give us some love! Things should heat up soon!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There's a tear in my beer...lol

Yeah you have had a more....distressed season than I since you have had a lot more seat time. Just would like to go back to 2007 lol

Charles this is the first year I've kept up with the hours...... I don't think that I've ever spent this much time on stand and seen so little lol..... Who knows it may be a typical year for all I know rotflmao

Jesse I've gone out gun hunting ever since 92 and this year will be no differant.... I origanally went out too help out some buddies just pushing but then thought this is stupid I'm seeing more deer then they are I ought too just carry the gun and see what happens :smiley_clap: Well this year will be no differant lol.... I probably won't be shooting any good buck but I got a scrub on my hit list cause I can :smiley_clap: He needs cleaned out of the gene pool rotflmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well I'm spending the next 4 days in the stand and hoping it will pay off..... If it doesn't then I'll be walking the woods with gun in hand opening day..... Weather looks sketchy for tomorrow with high winds but the hell with it I'm sitting till noon and the back out at 2 for the remainder of the afternoon/evening hunt.... I'll probably be logging another 40 hours too my total hours on stand if not more so here's hoping it'll pay off..... Good luck too all you guys hitting it this weekend... Hopefully it'll pay off.......

Morning Hunts: 16
Evening Hunts: 9
Does: 14
Bucks: 6
Shots: 1
Harvest: 1
Hours on stand: 119.0

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good luck man. I'll be out there as well. Let's get it done!!!

Jesse at this point I'm basically going through the motion of getting it done.... Haven't seen a thing too get me excited since I shot that doe 2 weeks ago..... I still may get lucky and a good one may come through but haven't had anything on film too say that it will happen..... Gun season will pick the odds up as we hunt a variety of properties with friends who don't archery hunt so there is still a slight chance lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Morning Hunts: 17
Evening Hunts: 9
Does: 14
Bucks: 6
Hours on stand: 123.5

Enough said...... :smiley_confused_vra

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well went out tonight and sat in a stand I haven't sat in sice the first time I went out this year.....Overlooking the swamp that runs through the property well it paid of in seeing deer... Had the best night for seeing deer to date... Saw 9 deer total 6 doe and three differant bucks.... although the bucks were smaller and they were all chasing does around and they wanted nothing too do with them..... Great night and I needed that too pick me up lol.... Had 2 of the doe in range 20 yards in front of me.... Yeah that got me pumped up... this is what last year was like lots of deer sightings this year not so much lol... hitting the same stand in the morning too seee if any bucks are moving through and maybe see one that hasn't been showing himself on film yet..... Good all around night.....

Morning Hunts: 17
Evening Hunts: 10
Does: 20
Bucks: 9
Hours on stand: 126.5

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well back at it this morning and didn't see anything until 8:30 when an 8 point came out into the swamp and was heading my way.... Had plenty of time too get ready since I saw him from 300 yards away... He made his way too the edge of the thicket I was on stand and instead of taking the trail the does do he kept coming in on me until he was 10 yards from me too the right and in a thicket with no possible shot too take.... He looked up at me and tried to wind me for a good 5 minutes it was definetly a stand off with me not moving he would lift his head so high that he would lose sight of me and did it so often I was half tempted too shoot him in the throat at the base of the head lol.... I wouldn't with a bow but the thought did cross my mind lol.... He wouldn't take a nother atep and after an eternity he just turned and walked out the way he came in... Quite the morning with me and him but it just wasn't meant to be lol.... I would of let the arrow fly if he would of taken one more step.... Not a big one but he was almost too the ears in width not any mass that you guys have posted but for where we're hunting at a pretty good one lol.... Taking tonight off an hitting it in the morning again... Good luck y'all....

Morning Hunts: 18
Does: 20
Bucks: 10
Hours on stand: 130.5

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got a 2.5 year old 7 point tonight. Jumped the gun. Had a snap decision to shoot as he stepped out of the corn and turned right around heading back in at 20 yards. I was in a ground blind so I was caught a bit off guard. Made a really good shot, but kinda wished I woulda missed. I am thankful to God for blessing me and my family with this deer, but it's definitely not the caliber of buck I go for. I will post up some pics tomorrow if possible. With Harvest heating up, I probably wasn't gonna get out much, but this one stings knowing what kind of deer I have around most of my stands

Red, did you make the post in the harvest thread too get the points? All we have is the 3 doe so far I think your'e buck points are missing....

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Red, did you make the post in the harvest thread too get the points? All we have is the 3 doe so far I think your'e buck points are missing....
Not yet, sorry guys.. Work has been just ridiculous at the elevator and I haven't had timetorun to my nephewsto pick up the skull mount. He lives about 40 minutes away. Trying toget him to drop it off this weekend

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hit again this morning, sat for 4.5 hours and had a small doe walk in on me just before I decided too call it quits and bed down behind about 15 yards away in a thicket.... Now I haven't see a lot of deer this year and I'm not about to spook the ones I do see so I sit and wait... an hour later she decides too mosey away.... I can finally get down.... Was supposed too meet my buddy for a late breakfast and my stomach was growling lol... she probably heard it and walked away from all the noise :smiley_crocodile: That was it for the morning.....

Morning Hunts: 19
Does: 21
Hours on stand: 135.0

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, talking too my buddy last night I learned where the decent shooters have gone too..... The freezer..... 3 decent shooters on cameras this fall and all three fell too the arrow on neghboring properties..... 2 by the landowners and 1 by one of their buddies... Oh well back too the drawing board..... 2 of these deer had charecter and one was a decent basket racked 8 no mass too speak of but good for our area.... All three were 3.5 yo or better..... Have one smaller 8 point left that would need taken out of the gene pool and then we'll see what next year shows us..... hard too keep them going year after year when most of the folks in the area is on a if it's brown its down mentality.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
All day sit today, skunked this morning and went too the truch had a sandwich and some water and back out for the afternoon sit.... New spot in a funnel area that's pretty thick... Had two doe come in and bed down 50 yards in front of me... they left around 3 and and between then and 4:20 2 more single does came in and through not shooting any does till after gun season waiting for a rack to come lol.....

Morning Hunts: 19
All day sits: 1
Does: 25
Harvest: 1 Doe...
Hours on stand: 146.0

Last edited: