Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 8 - GR8T RACKS

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Havent been out yet but I did move a few cameras to an oak flat and checked my steath cam today and one of my better bucks is still around. Im thinking he's only 2 1/2.

[video=youtube;nR-b2LjnxAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR-b2LjnxAw&feature=BFa&list=ULWjfDNMui7KU&lf=mfu_in_order[/video]

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Went out Sunday - had 3 does pass my brushblind about 9am, 10 yards, I was sittin on my ass with my back against the tree facing the wrong direction, didn't move 'cause I didn't wanna blow the stand. Rest of the day was squirrelfest and nothin else.

Oh well next time

JPN

coshocton
Went out Sunday - had 3 does pass my brushblind about 9am, 10 yards, I was sittin on my ass with my back against the tree facing the wrong direction, didn't move 'cause I didn't wanna blow the stand. Rest of the day was squirrelfest and nothin else.

Oh well next time

sounds about like the luck I'm having...I went out Saturday and took a climber which I'm not the best or quietest with. Made it up the tree in a really good spot and pulled my bow up about a foot and the rope broke. I climbed down and sat in some brush and got ate up by mosqutos and didn't see a thing lol.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hey guys sorry ive been missing our thread, I posted some pics under the trail camera section of the bucks im after but yet to connect. This week feels good with the tempt drop and the fact that im going to be able to hunt ALL weekend. I am after a good 160" class 10pt and several 140's here in OH, not to mention some of the KY studs im after this weekend. good luck guys.... Im about to pop a doe just to get us on the board.... WE GOT ZERO POINTS!!!! lol

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Hung a camera last week on a new spot and and got this....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
OK, so the rain clears out today, temps for tomorrow seem "ok"....but it's gonna be 25-30mph winds all weekend.
I'm actually thinking about staying around home this weekend instead of going south.
Could maybe do a short morning stillhunt over at Caesars Creek on Saturday morning....
But windy days have just always sucked for me.
I just don't feel like spending all that road time when I'm not optimistic about weather conditions.
What do you guys think?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Ive become a weekend warrior now that I have a 1.5 yr old so I hunt whenever I get the chance. Ill be in KY this weekend, but would be home if I had something a little more patternable

JPN

coshocton
Got out tonight for the first time this week. It was a pretty good evening, I saw 10 does and 2 button bucks. Alot of activity just no mature bucks. I did see quite a few new rubs and scrapes though. Planning on moving a few cameras tomorrow on some of the scrapes.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Well boyz I've been hitting it hard, and where I am the deer ain't.
The spot where I'd been seeing deer last year and earlier this year has dried up. My other spots have only produced a couple of sightings. Seems like pickings are slim.
I don't think it's me getting busted, I think my cover/movement/scent is good.
This weekend I had a red fox at 15 yrds and two humans at 24 yds, all unaware of my presence.

Kinda discouraged, will just keep at it.

Dang.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Well the fog was really bad this morning. I have shifted my thought on where I'll be spending my hunts for awhile after getting to see the wide 8 that Ive got pics of. He was with a doe Monday evening, just the two of them. Im not real sure she is ready but she must be smelling pretty good to him. Eighty yards is as close as they got to me but sightings like that is what got me out of bed this morning to sit for 4 hours in the foggggggggggggg. I will get to hunt Wed morn then Thusday nite and Friday morning before I have to go back to work. Good luck guys.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Friday and Sat all dayers for me Danno. Hopefully I "book" one ;) so I can get out. I hate, hate all day sits.

I would like to sit one place half day then walk to another for the other half. Always affraid of buggering up the woods.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I just worked off nites and got in the stand at 610 and stayed till 11 with only seeing two 1 1/2 yr. old bucks... Looks like I'll get to hunt Wed and Thur mornings and no evenings due to my daughters basketball practice.. Good luck with those all day sits Been..

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Shot a decent buck in IN. I actually passed him earlier in the day and thought he was bigger in the evening. Oh well cant put the air back in his lungs. Should go 130" as a 3yr old 9pt. Pics are posted so ill get him entered to get us some points!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Way to go Rutin, nice buck. Ive hunted the last 2 days and this morning the young bucks were cruising and chasing. Its getting better everyday here. Seen alot of turkeys which means the spring should be good to me LOL.