Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

team uglykat goes club

i have had alot of people emailing me wanting to join my club , im like what club , i get the response team uglykat club , which gave me an idea instead of just reaching a few people with just me and two friends as tournament anglers , why not open it to anyone with the love of outdoors , so over the next few months im going to be going to a better website , and have it set up to where anyone can join and share pictures , and be stewards to our sport , my hope is to catch the eye of kids and get them more involved in our beloved sport , so whats your guys input , think this is a good idea or no.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
IMHO, I would start small and work your way up to other things bro. If you get too much too soon your going to screw yourself in the end and take a lot of air out of that sail. Once you get yourself established and things start to settle back down or at least level off a bit then, I would start expanding ideas. Great idea and concept but don't dig yourself a hole you can't climb out of and enjoy the ride your currently on.

Like I said, That's just my opinion and we can't make the final decision for you but that was my .02 worth on it. Good luck on whatever you decide and we will be right here with you buddy.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It really depends on where you are at. I tend to lean with RC on this one. There is such a thing as successing yourself out of business. I have seen it happen before. Growing to fast and all of a sudden the thing is more than you can handle and it becomes a job and no longer enjoyable. Now saying that I am totally unsure where you are at in the process, and how full your plate is. Only you know that and can make a desicion based off of that. I am all for you getting as big as you want to get. Just make sure that you set yourself up for success and so that when you get big, there are things in place to support it from crashing down on you.

thats why i always ask for input before i make decisions , cause i have a habit of doing before thinking , this will be our first full year as a established tournament team, yeah its mainly paylakes right now , but the bigger we get the bigger tournaments we will be able to go to

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Adam gave you some outstanding advice, get your feet wet and then firmly grounded before you take on new adventures....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Adam gave you some outstanding advice, get your feet wet and then firmly grounded before you take on new adventures....

Copy that. There's a steep learning curve associated with the "industry", regardless of the intended audience. I'd also suggest you get a feel for things and let them progress at a natural pace. It takes time to learn the ends and outs of this stuff; along with building relationships and a contact network that can make life infinitely easier!

It's an outstanding concept and as the old quote goes: "I like where your heads at..." But do yourself a favor and go at this slow and steady. It'll pay off in the long run!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It really depends on where you are at. I tend to lean with RC on this one. There is such a thing as successing yourself out of business. I have seen it happen before. Growing to fast and all of a sudden the thing is more than you can handle and it becomes a job and no longer enjoyable. Now saying that I am totally unsure where you are at in the process, and how full your plate is. Only you know that and can make a desicion based off of that. I am all for you getting as big as you want to get. Just make sure that you set yourself up for success and so that when you get big, there are things in place to support it from crashing down on you.

Listen to them UK... Listen well... I still enjoy this place. LOVE IT actully.. But you better believe it's a job... Some days it's 8 hours at real work, then 8 hours here in the evening working on things.. I guarantee since September I've put over 1,000 hours into TOO. That's work hours. Not reading and talking hours.