Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The better than sex smoked brisket.šŸ¤”šŸ‘€

Floki

2nd case of beer. Itā€™s in the crutch...

Meanwhile......

This should make ya smile!

Floki

Finished product... What I learned about making Brisket.

ā€œThe Stall is realā€
Everything was going really well until I wrapped it in foil. Then it just wouldnā€™t move up from 175.

What was suppose to be a 7 hour cook turned in to about 12 hours by the time you could eat (let it sit etc)

So it was about 10 Pm when it was done. At that point I was drunker than Charlie scheen on his birthday..

Not gonna even try to lie. I cut off a small peice The barbcue sauce was the bomb the meat was okay. At that point I figured I should just put the knife down..šŸ˜ So I went to the eggs they were obviously the bomb, because I ate half or more of them.šŸ¤£

Gonna warm the brisket up today and See what it really tastes like..

Iā€™m conclusion, Was it better than sex...Hell no!!! Would I do it agin...Hell yes.
Next time I will make some burgers with it in case it takes longer than expected. I will also start earlier. Think I may increase the heat from 225 to 250.. I think it turned out pretty good for a first timer. Definetly room for improvement. Looking forward to the next cook already..
FC0333DC-9110-4150-A254-43D1713C7740.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
as with all things smoking, there is a learning curve. working on it until you get it right where you want it is half the fun. I keep a journal for smoking stuff, making bacon and sausage, etc. is very handy to be able to look back and see what worked and what didn't, tweaking rubs and such.

in my smoker running between 225-250 it takes about 8 hours to reach the 160-170 meat temp that I like to reach before crutching. 7 of those hours are when I'm putting on the smoke. usually takes another two hours or so in the oven in the house. all said and done, it takes me about 10-12 hours to do one good sized whole packer brisket. I don't fool with the flats, and I can never find just the points.

Reactions: Floki