Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"The Boys"

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Many of you know me from over on OS. I signed up here awhile ago but haven't posted much...I am usually lurking round in the shadows on most websites I am a member of. I respond or add my 2 cents when it is needed and I think I can help but mosta the time I sit in the corner and twiddle my thumbs...
Anyways, Here are some pics of a couple bucks I have been getting. The first few series of photos I got of em they were always together. I named the split G2 buck Vtine9 and haven't come up witha name for the 8 point. I am fairly sure I have pics of the 8 point from last yr also. So far all I have gotten are nighttime photos so I am kinda laying back off these deer till something tells me there is some daytime movement occuring. They are on a smaller property and I don't wanna blow em out when the odds are low of them movin during the day. Not sure this is the right approach but its what I am trying.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I did move another cam into their area on weds. I set it about 500 yds from the cam I have been getting these pictures at. I am gona check it today and I am hoping it shows some daytime movement. The new cam location is in a creek bottom at the bottom of a huge and steep Oak hillside. Hopefully it produces. I may move the original cam location today also to try and narrow one of these boys down.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn, those bucks look a hell of a lot nicer on the computer than they do on a cell phone screen LOL. Welcome to the site buddy. Good luck putting one of those deer on the ground this fall!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well checked the cam today and I had some pics of Vtine9 from last night. I have been checkin the came every other day cause it is easy to get too. Yesterday I dumped some apples and saw the batteries were really low so I swung back today to put new batteries in the cam. I need to check my other cam to the N of this one and see what it shows but it looks like I need to flop that cam to the S of this cam and see what it shows. Too bad I won't have a chance to do that till later in the week.
Some of the Pics from last night....

finelyshedded

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Both bucks carry real nice frames. Wonder when they'll finally shed the rest of their velvet. Prolly haven't did as much rubbing as most other bucks is what I figure. Welcome to the site Jake, and goodluck with either one, but the split g-2 buck is my fave because of his mass,frame and character.:smiley_bril:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well, I tried hunting him this morning with no luck. I am narrowing him down. he is bedding on a neighboring prop in one of two places. I knew some guys were gonna be duck hunting there so I set up really early in hopes they would bump him...No luck. I talked to them and they said they did bump out a big buck which I assume was him or the eight but who knows. I did see 10 diff doe sthis morning so hopefully he shows up soon checkin does.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I am still gettin regular pics of Vtine9 but they are still all at dark. I have hunted him 4 times in the last week with no sightings of him. I seem to be gettin pics about every three days of him. Yest I got pics of him in the at 5am and in the evening at 7:45pm...I am goin after him again tonight and prob tomorrow morning and evening.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well...I saw Vtine9 this morn...at 725am..at 20 yds.Just too damn dark to shoot...5 or 10 minutes later i prob coulda shot .He is way more impressive in person.
In the last week I got pics of him at 6am sunday, 7:45pm sunday, 6pm monday ( first daylight pic of him), 7:00 am Weds, and today I saw him at 7:25....god i hope i can make it happen

Last edited: