Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"The Boys"

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think he's real close to making his final mistake, buddy. Lucky for him, it was cloudy as hell today... any other day and you would have been able to let one fly at 7:25 a.m.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Be back out tomorrow. If he cruises through again at the same time it should be clear enough to punch one through. :smiley_crazy:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
BAD NEWS........I stuck Vtine9last night at about 620....It was a high hit up against the shoulder...I didn't look at all last night...Most likely it is a non mortal wound...Getting ready to head out and look...I am absolutly sick....Find him or not I am done deer hunting for the yr.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
BAD NEWS........I stuck Vtine9last night at about 620....It was a high hit up against the shoulder...I didn't look at all last night...Most likely it is a non mortal wound...Getting ready to head out and look...I am absolutly sick....Find him or not I am done deer hunting for the yr.

Ohhh shit man! Did you happen to get the shot on film so you can take another look at it? Best of luck out there man. I really hope you can track him down. Keep me posted!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
No luck...Trailed him easily over 1000 yds...Only reason we made it that far is because I have a reasonable idea of how deer travel there and was able to jump ahead and pick up blood a couple times. He ended up crossing the great Miami river. I drove to the prop on the other side to sk if I could bloodtrail him on the other side and there were a couple guys gettin ready to go in hunting...They didn't want me to look for him since they were gonna be in there hunting. Gave em my cell number in case they find or see him. I did get the arrow in one piece where it had pulled thru so he should be able to heel up.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Checked cams yesterday...Had pics of Vtine9 at a scrape about 500-600 yds from where I shot him...Guess I just gave him a flesh wound.....Oh well...Back at it I suppose

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Well, I hunted there last night and seen nothin...Hunted there today annndddd....I came really close to getting a second chance...I had seen a few does thru the morning and it was approaching 11:00...I was debating about getting down when I heard deer walking...Here came a couple does with him on their tail...He got within 20-25 yds but it was way too thick...Over the next 5 hrs he was withing 30-70 yds the whole time..At 4pm I heard them get up again and they got past me again with no shot......That place is just too dang thick...He seemed no worse for wear and was shadowing the does as the fed and chased some...He also postured up and snort wheezed at a 1.5 old 7 pt who tried to get in on the action.