Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The circle of life

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
This morning my father-in-law passed away after a 3 year battle with cancer. He was a good man, and I will miss him.

This evening my niece gave birth to a son, 9 pound 15 oz. making me a great uncle for the 19th time.

God is good!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Sam,
I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your father-in-law. My condolences to you and your family.
Yours is the second family with this bitter sweet deal I know of this month. A friend of mine had his brother-in-law struck down w/ a dbl stroke and on the same day, he became a uncle for the 3ed time.

On the bright side,

19th time for the title of great uncle !!! wow. Congratulations.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Springfield/Catawba
Wow, sorry to hear this.

Definitely reminds me when my uncle wrecked his semi and died in April of 09, a few hours later my sister delivered a son.

Also something I found ironic, that spring before my uncle passed he asked if he could try turkey hunting and tag along. A few days later after he died, I shot a gobbler opening morning in the rain, we then had his funeral that afternoon.

"J"

Bass fishing aficionado....
Supporting Member
Davie County, NC
Sorry Roger about your FIL Sam..... no more pain for the man...... bad way to go but I bet he's enjoying the pain free after life.... was the new addition his great grand child????? Number 19 wow you gotta have one hell of a family reunion there....... Sam if you need anything feel free to call.....