Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The end of my season ?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You wanna borrow a four wheeler for gun season? ;) sounds like a nice week to ride around...:smiley_carnaval:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to hear it Adam. The cameras are a blessing and a curse. I think Jesse and I have had the same conversation it sounds like you had with him. They are a tool, not a magic wand. That is why I said put them away and take off some time. Go back out and hunt. I often times hang a camera away from the stand. Maybe hang a stand and then throw your camera in a place to make them avoid the camera and swing by your stand. I think the mature ones in my area do just that.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
You wanna borrow a four wheeler for gun season? ;) sounds like a nice week to ride around...:smiley_carnaval:

If you have one for me to borrow I would take a ride around the block a few times lol.

Nothing like a good trail ride in the fall to get your blood pumping lol.

rrr

I almost had Steve on his first bow kill and have given Dante new property to hunt and harvest his first ever bow kill. I Couldn't ask for anything better then that.

You'll be rewarded for that.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
keep in mind, winter wheat field on the south border, which s also about 50 yards from that no hunting zone where they are all bedding. late season means food sources, and winter wheat 50 yards from a bedding area could offer a few opportunities, especially after an extended cold front when they've been laying low for an extended period of time. and I already told ya you could borrow the 870 for slug gun season. and I've got an extra muzzy for muzzleloader too.

I aint givin up, you cant either.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
keep in mind, winter wheat field on the south border, which s also about 50 yards from that no hunting zone where they are all bedding. late season means food sources, and winter wheat 50 yards from a bedding area could offer a few opportunities, especially after an extended cold front when they've been laying low for an extended period of time. and I already told ya you could borrow the 870 for slug gun season. and I've got an extra muzzy for muzzleloader too.

I aint givin up, you cant either.

The winter wheat field is going to be great late season spot but that is pushing the off limits property and the neighbor to the south that won't let us retrieve our deer as well. I am planning on Thursday to get the bedding area property owners to at least allow us onto the property to retrieve them if not be able to hunt it. We will have to wait and see on that lol.

I have the Winchester 1300 for slinging some lead during gun week but I would need to maybe borrow the smoke pole since I don't own one :D.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I might really be done for this year and not by my choice. When I pulled down my hang-on stand Tuesday I did something to my lower back/left hip and just thought I pulled something. Now I'm not so sure. It is still killing me. Guess that's what I get listening to a pain management DR. saying " Live your life normally and we can control the pain" WTFE lol. If it doesn't get any better over the weekend I will be calling the DR. again Monday to see what we need to do and have it looked at. I'm still waiting for the insurance company to stop screwing around (4 weeks now) so I can get my pain block injection.

I was going to go hunting with Dante this morning but I couldn't hardly get out of bed so I knew I wouldn't be able to use my climber. I also didn't think I could backpack in my hang-on and ladder sticks. Sorry buddy. It took me 10-15min. to literally roll my ass out of bed this morning :(.

Looks like I will be ground blind hunting next season.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Bad News Adam, Sorry.

I think you"ll have to just baby it or pay for the rest of your life.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn, if it weren't for bad luck, man sorry Adam... Hope it's just a temporary setback.... You may have to start going with the ground blind or ladder stands... Less trama to the back doing those... You can hunt still just gotta keep your wits about you that's all... Good luck let us know how the Dr works out...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I went to the ER at noon after moving some papers off my sons little table and turned and about hit the floor. They just gave me to shots and sent me home telling me to follow up with my Dr. in 3 days if it wasn't better. The pain went away for a few hours but along with the good meds came the nausea :(. The meds wore off around 5 but still feel like puking. YA ME.

rrr

I went to the ER at noon after moving some papers off my sons little table and turned and about hit the floor. They just gave me to shots and sent me home telling me to follow up with my Dr. in 3 days if it wasn't better. The pain went away for a few hours but along with the good meds came the nausea . The meds wore off around 5 but still feel like puking. YA ME.

Dang it man that sucks. Praying for you and hopefully they can get things under control, but more importantly get this darned thing figured out and fixed! Things can only get better!

(PS I will probably be picking up a ground blind once they go on sale and also have one that I can borrow while I am home, maybe we can figure out a gimp hunt for ya ;) )

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dang it man that sucks. Praying for you and hopefully they can get things under control, but more importantly get this darned thing figured out and fixed! Things can only get better!

(PS I will probably be picking up a ground blind once they go on sale and also have one that I can borrow while I am home, maybe we can figure out a gimp hunt for ya ;) )

Yup. It sucks lol. I didn't think taking down that stand was even that bad. I cheat and ratchet strap the thing to the tree after I flipped up the platform. I then then un chained it and before I did anything else I bungecorded it all together so everything was nice and easy right there in front of me. Lowed it down and started taking the ladder down as I climbed down. I took 2/4 of the straps for the ladder sticks and rapped then together at the top and bottom followed by using another strap to secure it to the platform of the stand. I took the last strap and a ratchet strap and made shoulder straps and backpacked it out. Only weighed about 30-35 pounds all said and done.

I just can't understand what I did during the process that would have caused the problem but it did. It was one of the easiest and smoothest stand removals I have ever done to be honest.

As far as getting things fixed. The only way to "Fix" it is going to be surgery. They are just doing the injections trying to prolong surgery as a last resort and make it more bearable to live with. Even the injections have to be done every 4-6 months because they ware off after awhile. Surgery will be most likely opening up my lower back and pulling out the pieces of disk and fusing the bone together. Then fun ol rehab for a few months with home rehab as well for about a year.

Wait until my lawyer gets my update letter lol. I will make sure to tell them yet again how much this sucks and what an impact it has had on my day to day life. DAMN SEMI TRUCK. I might just go after the driver after I'm done with the trucking company insurance. The guy has screwed my over and over again in the past almost 2 years.