Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The itch

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Last night rip is in order.
20210119_210054.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up booking a hotel room in Bay City next weekend. :D

Wind has been brutal out of the S since yesterday up here. I was thinking about hitting the bay here off Lake St. Clair but I'm sure it's moved ice around a lot. Up there off Saginaw Bay that's a bad wind to cause flows to move out. Hopefully it doesn't make a mess for you to get up there and give it a try.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and 5Cent

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Wind has been brutal out of the S since yesterday up here. I was thinking about hitting the bay here off Lake St. Clair but I'm sure it's moved ice around a lot. Up there off Saginaw Bay that's a bad wind to cause flows to move out. Hopefully it doesn't make a mess for you to get up there and give it a try.
She got beat up last night with the wind, but should rebuild nicely the next 10 days.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I'm slowly rebuilding my arsenal and convincing da wife that the boys are of age that ice ventures need to be back in my life. I unloaded everything when I went to college at OU, moving away from the lake and cold. Just wish winter would come back like it used to.

I looked hard for an Otter or Jet sled back in December with no luck, everyone out of stock. Got a GC from work that snagged the 66" Jet Sled model out of Cabelas by having it shipped to the store for pickup.....schwing.
20210205_151449.jpg

Last edited:
I'm slowly rebuilding my arsenal and convincing da wife that the boys are of age that ice ventures need to be back in my life. I unloaded everything when I went to college at OU, moving away from the lake and cold. Just wish winter would come back like it used to.

I looked hard for an Otter or Jet sled back in December with no luck, everyone out of stock. Got a GC from work that snagged the 66" Jet Sled model out of Cabelas by having it shipped to the store for pickup.....schwing.
View attachment 120438
They’re great for hauling everything out on the ice and even your deer for deer season. Great buy!

Reactions: Sgt Fury and 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
They’re great for hauling everything out on the ice and even your deer for deer season. Great buy!

Yeah I grew up with different models, the best being a modified plastic sheet like you see on the Alaska shows. We used it to keep hay bales off the ground for the horses/cows, and to move water buckets in the winter out into the pasture.

A small Clam model that once had a flip up shanty is what was passed down from an uncle to me. It cracked one season when fishing the springs in the bay when the wind whipped it into the atv😆