Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Lucky 13 Buck

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Finally had time to sit down and take in this season you both shared with lil K. Great read buddy and what an epic ending TOO!

Congratulations to you both on having yet another successful hunt together!

Lundy

I really enjoyed reading your account and looking at the pictures, great family activities that create memories that never grow old in our mind as our bodies age.

As much as I loved the recovery part of your story and appreciate you ability to tell the story I promise you if you shoot a Barnes Expander you will have to write much shorter stories, the recovery will never be that long and you owe it to your wife to not make her worry that much. You will just need to extend the story leading up to the shot a little more.

Congrats at all, even the little one that can sleep through gunblasts:D

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I really enjoyed reading your account and looking at the pictures, great family activities that create memories that never grow old in our mind as our bodies age.

As much as I loved the recovery part of your story and appreciate you ability to tell the story I promise you if you shoot a Barnes Expander you will have to write much shorter stories, the recovery will never be that long and you owe it to your wife to not make her worry that much. You will just need to extend the story leading up to the shot a little more.

Congrats at all, even the little one that can sleep through gunblasts:D

HA! Thanks Kim. There will certainly be changes made in the off season!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Jesse... First off you are a VERY LUCKY MAN to have a better half that enjoys hunting.. Just better watch out as that young lady is going to need a trophy room of her own.. Second off congrats to your wife for shooting a gorgeous buck.. Looks like you'll be spending many precious moments with your family in the great outdoors in the years to come. Can't get better than that...

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome story Jesse! Congrats to your wife TOO buddy! Great memories were being made for you and her, and to have little Kadence nestled in with you is all the better! Congrats buddy! Thanks for sharing.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Oh..One other thing.. Nice job with the pine limb... Pictures look so much better when you show the animal some dignity...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This buck came home today, too. My wife finally has her own mount to add to the collection.

20200920_172325.jpg
20200920_172335.jpg