Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Official Camper and Camping Thread

loose_is_fast

McClure
Just pulled my camper home from our permanent spot in wauseon. Heading to darke county at noon tomorrow to camp at Eldora all week for our yearly world 100 trip.
20180903_174512.jpg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Reactions: giles

Qback5

Just woke up for last morning of a weekend camp at Findley. Rained night 1. Saturday was great with a lot of activities for the kids and I did an all—day stew over the fire. Sites here get crowded and we like some elbow room so we did non-electric...running builtin propane heater in our popup. I installed Reflectix in windows which seems to help. Much fun had by all...last outing of year unless it’s a mild winter. Already planning for next year: hoping to return to northern Michigan and make a trip to assateague island.

Qback5

Was in RKO tonight. Saw they have coolers by “Lincoln Outfitters”. Look a lot like yeti and the like. Priced about half of yeti. Anyone have any intell? Couldn’t find much online.

Qback5

Was in RKO tonight. Saw they have coolers by “Lincoln Outfitters”. Look a lot like yeti and the like. Priced about half of yeti. Anyone have any intell? Couldn’t find much online.

Never did get serious about the Lincoln, just don’t know much about them. RTIC running great deals on what they have left right now. FYI to anyone interested.

Reactions: 5Cent and giles

Qback5

Anyone itching to get out? I’ve been watching weather at different latitudes...considering an impromptu road trip to treat my family’s case of cabin fever.

Reactions: giles and 5Cent

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Havent updated this thread in a bit so here goes. Ive done a shit ton of looking, reading, watching videos, talking to dealers etc. One particular Travel Trailer at one particular dealer kept popping back into my head. We decided on D and D RV in West Alexandria. Their website, their Google reviews and their FB reviews were all excellent and helped put my mind at ease. Ive joined quite a few groups on FB to learn as much as I possibly can about every aspect of ownership. Ive created a few lists of items that I need to have and have researched them to death as well. Ive communicated with Adam and Giles both and picked their brains as much as possible.

With that being said, here is what the wife and I decided on. Meet "The Drunk Tank"

https://www.ddrvandauto.com/default...692&p=1&s=Year&d=D&sq=240 bh&fr=xAllInventory

It suits our needs and wants.

I started this whole thing with the thought of minimalization. I wanted something between 22-25', no slide outs and under $15k. Well after talking with quite a few owners I was convinced that I need the slide b/c we have 2 dogs and would need the room. In order to find the layout we wanted, I had to expand on what I had originally planned on buying. Ive been out to the dealer 3X now and feel pretty comfortable with the salesman. They are a small, family owned business and it shows when you are in their office and on their property. Very nice folks.

I sold my ATV, dont have anywhere local to ride, and sold that monster tent. I used all of that $ as a down payment. Our monthly is only $0.28 more a month than I was paying for the ATV, so nothing changed. Insurance is only $135 a year. Cheaper than what I was paying on the ATV.

Tomorrow I head out there for the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) and to sign the paperwork so long as the PDI goes well. I will be storing it there for a few weeks and then will be bringing it closer to the house for storage. I am excited as hell about our 1st trip and the trips after in general. Ive already booked our shakedown trip for April 5th-7th at Caesers Creek. I will create another thread based on our outings. I plan on using the hell out of this thing thats for sure.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread as i have learned a lot and i know I still have a whole lot more to learn.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Atta boy Dustin, lots of memories to come!

I read this whole thread again yesterday looking for a picture. Hard to believe it's been 6+ years since it started here lol. Camping always has been an integral part of my life from the time I was small. I wish more ppl enjoyed it, whether in a truck bed, a tent, a pop-up, a bumper pull or a 3 axle 5th wheel toy hauler. It's a great escape from the rat race of life!