Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO Duck Report

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Sunday's hunt....

Not the best pics, but we had a fun hunt. No ducks to be found anywhere though.

Gotta love seeing this from a few hundred yards out...

Then they're getting closer, and closer...

TAKE 'EM!!!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Where are the dang ducks? We have been killing geese and scratching a few ducks but aren't seeing big numbers of duck birds. We would be killing a few more ducks but we have been scrambling to get out of the fields as soon as we get our goose limits....Hate to blow all the birds off the fields to kill a couple extra ducks.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where are the dang ducks? We have been killing geese and scratching a few ducks but aren't seeing big numbers of duck birds. We would be killing a few more ducks but we have been scrambling to get out of the fields as soon as we get our goose limits....Hate to blow all the birds off the fields to kill a couple extra ducks.

Your guess is as good as mine, dude. I'm not seeing ducks or geese around here lately. We could have pounded the ducks last week the one day, but I still wouldn't consider what we saw to be "good numbers." Ohio is really starting to suck for ducks.

Matt

Norton, OH
Saw a flock of about 100 mallards circling over my uncles house Christmas eve. He lives in portage lakes, everything was iced up. I had a guy tell me that there were mild temps far up north that delayed the migration. Not sure on that, but that's what he had heard.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
No ducks here either. Got a 4 man limit of geese this morning, and we had to work for 'em. When the wind was blowing, they would set their wings and glide right in. When the wind went dead (which was most of the time) the birds would get to within 50 yards, and then glide off. They weren't flaring, just acted like they weren't sure where they wanted to land. Pics & a video clip to follow...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
1/1/11 Good way to start the New Year. The only thing dry after leaving the field today, was my feet. What a wet, muddy, glorious morning.... 5 man limit that we really had to work for. Couple other groups hunting in the same area had the birds pretty skittish. Didn't take any field shots due to the weather. Didn't want to get the camera wet, but I kinda like the basketball hoop in the back ground.

looks like I'm gonna be making some more goose jerky this week. :smiley_cowboy:

Matt

Norton, OH
Got out yesterday with a guy from work. We sat a hay field. Had tons of birds fly over around 9, but they were all on a bee-line to a nearby corn field. Something spooked em out and we managed to call in a few stragglers. I pulled a double, guy I was with pulled a single. Almost worked one last group in, but they never committed. Died after that and we packed it in.

Diablo54

Outside
Got out yesterday with a guy from work. We sat a hay field. Had tons of birds fly over around 9, but they were all on a bee-line to a nearby corn field. Something spooked em out and we managed to call in a few stragglers. I pulled a double, guy I was with pulled a single. Almost worked one last group in, but they never committed. Died after that and we packed it in.

Plenty of geese behind ya to shoot.

Dang kids

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Derek j

Knox Co.
We hunted at my buddies house this morning for doves. Popped the 3 that gave us shots and then threw the on the grill! Went out to a local spot down the road and tried to jump shoot some geese, but they werent cooperating with the game plan. We did do some scouting for teal season, so next week should be better!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ahhhh.... finally some dead things to look at :smiley_clap:

Nice job man!!

You would have been rolling... The water was only about two foot deep in this location.. I shot it and it started flapping on it's back.. Then went submarine on me... All i could see was mud and the water boiling.. Just kind of sat there like, hmmmm... It can't keep that up forever.. lol.. Then bloop, it surfaced.. lol.. It was dead as a doornail from the shot but the flapping upside down was causing it to submerge.. lmao

Kaiser878

ohio
good work joe. Sorry I missed your message last night. I plan on going out this weekend. I Worked yesterday and today. Although, we dont have shit for geese at my house right now!