Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
No he stays in the pool house next to us. I went over Saturday morning to give him breakfast and he was on the floor next to the couch and couldn’t get up. The door was locked (he locks it every night along w the dead bolt), I sprinted to the house to get a key. Went inside and tried to help him up and the pain was too bad. I called for an ambulance.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Visiting now at lunch time on duty. They got him to walk today in the room and I’m trying to set up skilled nursing for his rehab. Dr said 3 months.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well for the record let me say I hate this thread!

Dad is coming home today on hospice. All the rehab facilities blackballed him so we will be taking care of him.

On another note, we dodged the hurricanes and the one currently in the gulf will most likely be worse than Katrina and splitting Texas and Louisiana tonight at a cat 4 maybe 5. Will probably go through my state reaching arkansas as a cat 1. Day a prayer for those people.

Today I’ve been coordinating a deployment team to arrive after the storm. Several usar teams are there and also other entities. I usually go but my position now has me coordinating everything. We will be sending 16 personnel as a team and have a backup team to relieve them at some point. All I got for now [emoji2373]

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Just had a nurse come check him and his meds. They will come back tomorrow also as we asked for someone to come everyday for now so we will have help while we evaluate our situation. Left him for half an hour as he dozed off. Come in w the nurse and he has already ripped the catheter out. He’s one bad dude. Anyway it’s one day at a time. Thanks for the well wishes. Even though I hate to talk about it I appreciate y’all listening as it’s good to get off my chest. It’s easy to feel alone during these times. We are weathering the storm, in more ways than one. Y’all stay safe and tell your loved ones often that you love them. Thanks again.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hang in there Trip. This thread is for exactly what you are dealing with. Get it off your chest and move onto a new day. I appreciate the civic duties you perform and I can appreciate the position you're in with your dad.

Been dealing with the blues in regards to my dad lately. He's been gone over 3 years now. We are still sitting thru his garages. Gets a little better every time we go thru and organize/pitch. Still a lot to go thru. Everytime I hit it there are piles of memories I am sorting thru as I organize tools, screws, nails, lumber, random stuff. Sorting the tools tends to be the easy part.