Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I just got off of the phone with him. He’s in a lot of pain and they are giving him pain meds but they are not strong enough. They don’t want him numb to the pain for some reason. The surgeon isn’t available until Monday. He’s scheduled for surgery then. He said they are going to reattach muscle and skin.
In other news, my friend Pat is doing very well. His son took him for a drive today and he walked inside a Wawa to get coffee…said it’s the first time he felt comfortable walking without the fear of falling down. He wants me to take him to Bass Pro shop in two weeks to get stuff for the upcoming trout season, so he’s feeling much stronger. Still coughs a little during conversations so it’s still not all cleared out of his lungs completely, but he’s almost there.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Got a call from a good friend this morning…he was crying so I knew it was something bad. His future son in law was putting in pilings near a lake when a new operator on a 84,000 pound dozer ran over his foot. Then they had to go forward to get it off of him. He sent me pics, I deleted them because they are not something I wanted to see and don’t want anyone else to have that burden. The good news is that no bones were broken. Bad news is that it tore a lot of skin from his foot. He’s in a hospital now. His parents, fiancé and future mother in law are all in the hospital parking lot…they are not allowed inside the hospital. The guy who was working with him called me and said he wished he didn’t come into work today…he can’t get the image of the injury out of his head. He’s only in his late 20’s and has his whole life ahead of him. He and his fiancé are avid hunters and spend more hours outdoors than just about anyone I know. Hope he can recover fully from this.
Thats terrible. Sounds like he is lucky to still have his leg or life for that matter. One wrong twitch from a new panicing operator could have been life ending. Sorry to hear that.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Got a call from a good friend this morning…he was crying so I knew it was something bad. His future son in law was putting in pilings near a lake when a new operator on a 84,000 pound dozer ran over his foot. Then they had to go forward to get it off of him. He sent me pics, I deleted them because they are not something I wanted to see and don’t want anyone else to have that burden. The good news is that no bones were broken. Bad news is that it tore a lot of skin from his foot. He’s in a hospital now. His parents, fiancé and future mother in law are all in the hospital parking lot…they are not allowed inside the hospital. The guy who was working with him called me and said he wished he didn’t come into work today…he can’t get the image of the injury out of his head. He’s only in his late 20’s and has his whole life ahead of him. He and his fiancé are avid hunters and spend more hours outdoors than just about anyone I know. Hope he can recover fully from this.

Jesus, glad it wasn't worse. They never heard of a shovel. Damn.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
This not want you to see on a trail camera at your house
401EF6B4-B2F8-4147-8BDA-6707D676B322.jpeg

Stressless

Keene, OH
Reactions: Chancegriffis