Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Wide 6

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks fellas. I cry just thinking about putting him down. He's my first dog and we've spent a ton of time together. Won't be a good day that's for sure.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I finally had the time to read this. Great recollection of the day, man. That's one heck of a 6 point... Definitely one to be proud of.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
All this talk about meat and how much it costs and blah, blah, blah. I just put my buck in the freezer. He provided 45 pounds of ground meat, 10 pounds of steaks, about 6' worth of backstrap and a beautiful pack of inner loins. $75 for processing and $10 for the slug and gas to drop him off. Roughly 62 pounds of meat costing $1.37 a pound.

Go buy red meat at the store for $1.37 a pound and tell me what quality you get, if you can even find it that cheap...

• Haha
Reactions: giles

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I saw his ghost today! What a trippy vision! lmao

Went to check on the chickens this morning and saw a nice rack poking around in the brush on the neighbors. Grabbed the binos and I shit you not, an IDENTICAL buck to mine is feeding along the field edge. Age wise, it has to be a brother. On that front, I got my DeerAge.com results back and my buck was 5.5, so this buck has to be 6. How cool would it be to shoot him, verify that and have them on the wall together!

Reactions: giles