Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The wide 8

at1010

*Supporting Member*
As I said on FB, I appreciate being in the loop from first blood to recovery! Made my night and my girls loved that someone I knew killed a big buck on opening night! Good luck with your doe patrol for the next 4 months!!!
Thanks my man!! I look forward to “the”text to you yearly!! I want one from you next!!!

I just had a family reunion and lot of my family from West Central Pa have land - after seeing some bucks in their hay field - I am tempted to make a trip!! Some hammers!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Final picture until he goes on the wall. My favorite new tradition is one where I take a picture with Bryce!
IMG_3434.jpeg
IMG_3430.jpeg

at1010

*Supporting Member*

at1010

*Supporting Member*
After seeing this deer in person - I had my suspicions on his age. Having it confirmed as a 5.5 year old - just makes it that much sweeter. As you all know getting a deer (regardless of where you hunt) to 5+ is something special. I am so amazed at the body size and antler potential of these 5 year old majestic whitetail!!

IMG_4019.png

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Nice job who did the aging on your buck and did you send the lower jaw bone in ? I would like to do the same for mine.

Thanks
Heather as deer age. Deerage.com

when you buy the packet you can choose Lower jaw, front teeth or front four teeth. My suggestion is send her the Lower jaw and have them take what they need/want. This is my 4th deer I’ve sent to them and they do a nice job!!

cementum annuli aging isn’t 100% but it’s like 85+ on whitetails.

so far - I can tell you from what I’ve guessed to what it came out as I’m about 90% accurate.

let me know how it goes for you Gern!

Reactions: "J" and Gern186