Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

There's a good chance......

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
that I might make it back to Ohio for a few days in November!!!!

There is a conference in San Diego from 16 to 18 November. I have to go to the USMC Birthday Ball, but if I leave the next day (11 November) I can be home the same day (international date line). I'd be jacked up from the jet lag, but I could literally hunt the 12th, 13th, and 14th and head to San Diego on the 15th. I'd be horn hunting only, but that's a good time to do it......

Dang!!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
OK so here is what I'm looking at. Depart here on 11 November and arrive in San Diego and then to Ohio on the same day. It'll take me a morning to get my gear ready so I can hunt the afternoon of the 12th. I'll have all day on the 13th and 14th, but will have to leave on the 15th.

I'll probably have to get my own airfare from San Diego to Columbus. That'll be about $300. One deer tag at $24. Gas $20. Food and beer $50. Total cost should be around $494.

Hmmm is that worth 2.5 days of hunting while I'm jet lagged the hell out.

If I can get out of going to the USMC Bday ball then it may work and I can leave four or five days earlier.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn TF that would be awesome. You couldn't pick a better few days to be in the woods, either. Prime rut time my brother!

rrr

If TF gets to come home and shoots a button buck (the equivalent of 06's deployment buck), I will cry.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
OK so here is what I'm looking at. Depart here on 11 November and arrive in San Diego and then to Ohio on the same day. It'll take me a morning to get my gear ready so I can hunt the afternoon of the 12th. I'll have all day on the 13th and 14th, but will have to leave on the 15th.

I'll probably have to get my own airfare from San Diego to Columbus. That'll be about $300. One deer tag at $24. Gas $20. Food and beer $50. Total cost should be around $494.

Hmmm is that worth 2.5 days of hunting while I'm jet lagged the hell out.

If I can get out of going to the USMC Bday ball then it may work and I can leave four or five days earlier.

I wouldn't worry about food and beer while in Camp TF. Just get there we'll take care of the rest.

Also. When have you ever known us to spend only 50 bucks on food? We spend that just on Bacon. LOL Figure 2 pounds per person it adds up.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
We'll see how things pan out. I'm going to try and get my commanding officer to let me miss the USMC B-day ball on 10 November. If I can get out of that then I'll be home for a week or so and can probably come down and hang out for a day or two. If I'm only home for three or four days I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it.

Now I've got another problem.

I've got my long bow here, with arrows and targets, but no place to shoot. I had planned on going out to the magazine area, but now they won't allow POV's out there so I'm screwed.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
We'll see how things pan out. I'm going to try and get my commanding officer to let me miss the USMC B-day ball on 10 November. If I can get out of that then I'll be home for a week or so and can probably come down and hang out for a day or two. If I'm only home for three or four days I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it.

Now I've got another problem.

I've got my long bow here, with arrows and targets, but no place to shoot. I had planned on going out to the magazine area, but now they won't allow POV's out there so I'm screwed.

I'm sure we could get a crossbow for you to use. ;)