Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

They are running around now

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Route 30 by my house is getting littered with deer on the side of the road. Got wind of a monster getting hit by route 30 & 21 this morning. I was already in akron or I would have ran down there. I bet it was this one I have seen in the field behind menards. Nice looking 10. Pretty wide.

Looks like things are heating up and they are getting a little pre rut going...

I was actually surprised I didnt see alot more on my way to C-bus on friday. I think I saw maybe 2.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
After this wind and storm front move through today and cooler temps the rest of the week. I would say Saturday will be awesome for deer movement.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Yesterday was the first day I noticed all day activity around town (morning, lunch and afternoon/evening). Almost hit a 6 pt this morning. Young buck was out at work around 3:45 yesterday afternoon. So from what I see around the burbs, activity has picked up in the last day.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
After this wind and storm front move through today and cooler temps the rest of the week. I would say Saturday will be awesome for deer movement.

Sat. I will be in the stand around 230. So I am hoping to see something nice. First ones to hunt it this yr. should be good. Hopefully we get me a buck kill on camera!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
hahahahaha.......Somethings going to get an arow sat. wether it be two or one, one of us is shooting something.

I would love to get a dbl on film, that would be fantastic

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hopefully we can pull a double...geesh, always thinking of yourself...lol Just kiddin ya buddy!

Good luck to you as well deerjunkie.

rgecko23 didn't mention you was going to film his hunt either :(. Might just have to accidentally forget to hit the record button lol. Are you using the HD cam you had down at the BEC shoot ? That camera looked pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind seeing some footage from it sometime.

good luck guys, was out squirrel hunting this morning seen 4 does and two bucks , both bucks were chasing the does ,taking turns , kinda like tag yer it kinda thing , was hoping they would come close enough to get it on film but it didnt happen in my favor

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

rgecko23 didn't mention you was going to film his hunt either :(. Might just have to accidentally forget to hit the record button lol. Are you using the HD cam you had down at the BEC shoot ? That camera looked pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind seeing some footage from it sometime.

There is some good stuff on his You tube account. the hog hunt is one there and the bear hunt as well. That camera is amazing.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio

No, unfortunately my partner Larry will be using it Sat evening when rgecko23 and I are out, so we will be using the GL-2 or a smaller HD camera.

Here is some footage of that HD camera you are referring to. It truly is an awesome camera to say the least. Everything filmed without me talking is with the HD camera (Sony HDR AX2000). You loose some quality on YouTube but here is some of what we have filmed with it. Again, stuff filmed with me talking infront of the camera is a cheaper camera. The cabin, Larry's hunt etc is with the AX2000 I had at the shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLE8r79KS-o

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Really nice job on the video!!

On the deer movement side of things... I was traveling back to central Ohio last night from Western Michigan. From about 5:00 until dark, I was seeing deer out just about everywhere. Coming down 75 south I quit counting. My travels had me coming right behind the storm that passed though yesterday, so once the weather calmed down the deer must have decided to get out and eat.